the Rift

[OPEN] The Ants Go Marching

Casca Posts: 5
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.1 hh :: 0 (Orangemoon)
Shady

CASCA

To be fair, Casca had originally intended too venture only just beyond the border, but the thrill of his escape rather inflated his sense of boldness. He really couldn’t see much better from here, he discovered; perhaps so long as he kept the wall in sight—

“Casca.”

His father’s voice cut through the mist and the red colt jumped, visibly startled. “Da!” the boy gasped, already stumbling over an excuse, “I—“ But surprisingly, Da didn’t seem mad, just…interested? Casca’s ears flopped back, then sideways as he assessed the situation. If Da wasn’t angry, he supposed that was all right, but what if he told Ma? Or—the colt’s blue eyes widened as the more frightening idea occurred to him—what if Ma was nearby? He could imagine no end to the scolding he’d get if she knew he’d disobeyed her. In a failed attempt at subtlety, he peered beyond his father, scanning the mist for flashes of the telltale pink.  “I, uh…”

“Why have you wandered so far?”

Da’s tone was relaxed, but his voice commanded a response—and he’d better think of a good one at that. “I, um, I…” the boy faltered, shifting his weight from one hoof to another, “…I was chasin’ the invaders outta our home!” he cried, face alight with the brilliance of the response he had concocted. A tiny hoof stamped defiantly, dangerously close to the line of ants, and he bared his teeth aggressively at the little creatures that he had been so intent on following only moments before. “Go’n—get out!” he shouted gleefully, the force of his breath nearly knocking one of the poor things on its back.

Confident that he had put on a convincing performance, Casca turned back to his father, striking the most casual pose he could muster. “Anyway, I think I scared ‘em off. What’re you doing out here, Da? And where’s Ma?” he added, remembering that he ought to have all his bases covered.

"blah blah blah."

OOC: :DD

@Thranduil

Messages In This Thread
The Ants Go Marching - by Casca - 07-10-2017, 02:24 AM
RE: The Ants Go Marching - by Thranduil - 07-10-2017, 10:18 PM
RE: The Ants Go Marching - by Casca - 07-11-2017, 03:12 AM
RE: The Ants Go Marching - by Thranduil - 07-11-2017, 08:30 PM
RE: The Ants Go Marching - by Casca - 07-11-2017, 10:52 PM
RE: The Ants Go Marching - by Thranduil - 07-11-2017, 11:23 PM
RE: The Ants Go Marching - by Casca - 07-12-2017, 03:04 AM