the Rift

a nice stop. |OPEN

Svetlana Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
S V E T L A N A
The StormChaser
Those awful unicorns! Black ears pin to my skull as I think of think of them, both as white as snow, while their hearts are as black as ink and their tongues are foul snakes. I had taken my precious time on the way back to the Foothills from the ocean shores, musing over their behaviors and trying to puzzle who they may be. The lavender-eyed mare was clearly racist, although the colt did not seem racist, simply mischievous and annoying. Illusionists! Damn them! Useful, but tricky things I know I would never be able to sort out, not with my strength nor my diplomacy. Black voids glanced downwards as I finished the last of the mountains I had patrolled. I could see the herd- my lovely herd. Nothing out of order... wait. Eyes like a hawk's narrowed in on a patch of black and a discolored piece of snow. Ah. Pegasi. Attention-seeking ones, too, otherwise most pegasi would take to the skies, where few roam in the Foothills. Despite welcoming all three species, pegasi are rare to find, leaving a lot of air patrols on my hands. I hoped the pegasi I could see on the ground did not intend to waste my time, for I was already in a rather sour mood, without a bunch of idiots intending to fight me or trespass into our lands. They were both hairy monsters, one white, one pitch, but I didn't care for coat colors or appearances. Look at myself! I look like a yin and yang, black-pointed and black-winged, but a coat the color of pale steel that would fade to an even more shiny ivory.

Ebony wings slope, minuscule muscles adjusting feathers, well-practiced movements. Relaxed, I gently lower, taking my time, watching as Evers approaches them over the hills. He doesn't seem too happy from up here, so I may as well even the odds. Descending swifter, I re-align my wings, until I'm moving very quickly, from creating an illusion of slowness. Basically, I look fearless. I land softly on the hills, wings back-beating, hinds hitting snow first before being followed by my fores. Instead of speaking, I simply stop beside Evers, listening to his sharp, crisp tones. I have no reason to say anything, for he sums up everything I feel very well, the eloquent speaker he is.

~
walk walk walk
"talk talk talk"

Messages In This Thread
a nice stop. |OPEN - by Hrothgar and Beowulf - 11-04-2012, 03:00 PM
RE: a nice stop. |OPEN - by Evers - 11-06-2012, 07:12 AM
RE: a nice stop. |OPEN - by Svetlana - 11-06-2012, 06:10 PM
RE: a nice stop. |OPEN - by Hrothgar and Beowulf - 11-06-2012, 06:49 PM
RE: a nice stop. |OPEN - by Archibald - 11-07-2012, 12:04 AM
RE: a nice stop. |OPEN - by Evers - 11-12-2012, 06:15 PM
RE: a nice stop. |OPEN - by Svetlana - 11-12-2012, 06:36 PM
RE: a nice stop. |OPEN - by Hrothgar and Beowulf - 11-13-2012, 07:45 PM