the Rift

I Blend In With The Snow

Crescent Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Crescent

The young unicorn mare trudged through the deep snow. The only thing that she could hear was the sound of her own hooves crunching the ice, and her heart hammering against her chest. She blinked snowflakes off of her eyelashes, and her breath misted the bitterly cold air. The icy wind swirled around her. Her pure white coat blended in with the snow making her nearly invisible. She shook her mane out in annoyance. This Frostfall seemed to last forever. All this snow and ice and freezing temperature seemed endless. She missed the beautiful green trees, and grass, and flowers. She missed frolicking through gorgeous meadows, and the warm sun shining on her back. Instead, she had been walking through this barren landscape for days, and she hadn't seen a horse for miles. Not that she was disappointed about this. She had been alone all of her life, since her mother died. She would pass different horses occasionally, but when she had spoken to them she had been treated harshly and coldly. She preferred to be alone. Suddenly the wind picked up, and snow was blowing everywhere. Stinging her blue eyes. She snorted in surprise, and trotted left into a barren forest. She found a sturdy looking tree, and lay down next to it. Her body heat was so intense it melted the ice around her. She rested her head on the ground, and fell asleep watching the snowflakes fall.

Messages In This Thread
I Blend In With The Snow - by Crescent - 11-06-2012, 09:42 PM
RE: I Blend In With The Snow - by Tribute - 11-07-2012, 11:41 AM
RE: I Blend In With The Snow - by Crescent - 11-07-2012, 06:43 PM
RE: I Blend In With The Snow - by Tribute - 11-08-2012, 11:02 AM
RE: I Blend In With The Snow - by Lena - 11-10-2012, 06:53 AM
RE: I Blend In With The Snow - by Tribute - 11-10-2012, 11:25 AM