the Rift

Wild Edge to the Quiet Side (Open!)

Hototo Posts: 96
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2hh :: 3 years
Boom Boom!
HOTOTO</style>
   HE WHO IS BRAVE IS FREE.</style>

"Hototo," I say, my voice rolling easily as I look up at the stallion with bicolored eyes. The crimson surrounding my pupil matched that of my mother's own eyes, one of the few color resemblences we held. I offer a small little smile, graciously, even as mother bends down to nuzzle me softly and whisper into my ears. I glance up at her, a silent apology in my expression as well as a smile. Sometimes being a dreamer could get you lost in the world, even as you aim to discover its wonders.

Bear has found himself a seat by my hooves, and I lower my muzzle toward his upturned face and expell a brush of warm air into the chill of winter, fog filling the mammal's face in a friendly yet quiet greeting. I had already disturbed mother's meeting with these strangers, and I did not wish to become a burden in her conversation by interrupting her selfishly. However, my attention is stolen as the pegasus mare speaks, and I tilt my head up to watch and listen to her. By red eyes, I assumed she spoke of mother, but the tasteless tone in which she did so made my small ears fall back in my mess of white mane, growing considerably long for my young age.

Anyone who insulted mother was obviously misinformed. Mother is beautiful, smart, and strong; only a fool would choose to turn their hearts against such a being. However, I need not defend the honor of my mother, for she easily picks up the train of speech as though it were water and throws it back at the pegasus. Her words catch me off guard, though, and I look to her with widened orbs. The son of a god? As far as I know, I am her only offspring, and I do not recall being any sort of divine creation. Then, it hits me like a brilliant strike of clarity. In astonishment, my eyes fall on Bear in shock and awe.

"Bear is the son of a god!?" I say to myself, a loud whisper in my moment of realization. I never knew the companion that kept me safe was actually the son of a prestigious and holy thing. It would make sense that such a powerful creature would choose to stand beside my mother, but for Bear to also protect me was somewhat of a miracle. I look up from the bear cub and toward mother, my mouth still open half in wonder.

My amazement is enough to make me block out the speech about the Grey. I simply cannot believe that my best friend is a divine son. What a lucky colt I am.
""

Stock Providers: Horse, Wings, and Background.

Messages In This Thread
Wild Edge to the Quiet Side (Open!) - by Trojan - 11-07-2012, 12:25 AM
RE: Wild Edge to the Quiet Side (Open!) - by Trojan - 11-10-2012, 03:17 PM
RE: Wild Edge to the Quiet Side (Open!) - by Shatter - 11-10-2012, 11:54 PM
RE: Wild Edge to the Quiet Side (Open!) - by Trojan - 11-11-2012, 07:53 PM
RE: Wild Edge to the Quiet Side (Open!) - by ali - 11-11-2012, 10:11 PM
RE: Wild Edge to the Quiet Side (Open!) - by Tainted - 11-12-2012, 11:28 AM
RE: Wild Edge to the Quiet Side (Open!) - by Shatter - 11-12-2012, 12:09 PM
RE: Wild Edge to the Quiet Side (Open!) - by Trojan - 11-14-2012, 12:45 PM
RE: Wild Edge to the Quiet Side (Open!) - by ali - 11-14-2012, 01:08 PM
RE: Wild Edge to the Quiet Side (Open!) - by Hototo - 11-14-2012, 11:52 PM
RE: Wild Edge to the Quiet Side (Open!) - by Trojan - 11-17-2012, 09:30 AM