the Rift

fresh life {birthing}

Tillas Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

[Image: v75vt4.png]
WHY IN THE WORLD? WHY, BECAUSE SHE'S
...Tillas

Pain. Pain, pain, pain. I cannot succumb to the bitter red and pops of electric blue, to the static yellow. I groan, dropping to my knees, rolling onto satin flanks by this beautiful little world. It's cold, so terribly cold, snow attempting to pull me under. My vision is swimming, I can't breathe, everything's so terribly blurry and sharp. The skies are clear, blessing me in a strange way, for if it had been a snowstorm, I have no doubt the child trying to escape its womb would not be able to survive an hour, let alone the rest of Frostfall.

My breathing is laboured, the girl is trying to run out of me, for I'm certain it's a girl trying to escape, a little filly who is born of the spawn Abyss, the black devil. I want to scream, to pull away this veil of excruiating torture, yet I cannot manage to do anything but breathe. Breathe. I inhale, exhale, shallow breaths, but I have oxygen in my lungs nevertheless.

And...
it goes on...
and on...
and it stops...

Somehow I pull myself around. I was smart enough to clear most of the snow away, so my child would not freeze. My gray muzzle rubs the little thing's wet fur, pulls it closer to me. I know it should stand, drink my milk, but these are not normal birth circumstances. I fear if the little girl, my little Edana, stands, she may wander away and fall dead from cold. My words are soothing, soft, as I gaze in wonder at this little black creation, hornless and smooth and wet-curly-furred.

Edana. I wrap myself around her tiny form, lick her wet coat like a dog licks a pup, clean the mucus from her eyes and muzzle, wanting to keep her warm.

I do not want her to die.

Edana.

"Tillas' speaks"
"Edana speaks"

Messages In This Thread
fresh life {birthing} - by Tillas - 11-07-2012, 06:51 PM
RE: fresh life {birthing} - by Abyss - 11-10-2012, 10:03 PM
RE: fresh life {birthing} - by Tillas - 11-11-2012, 06:52 PM