the Rift

Breathe me [birth, open]

Daenerys Posts: 41
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 hh :: 5
Cami
keep keep on running, there's no place like home
The snowy femme was completely consumed by the immediate bonding that naturally evolves between mother and offspring. A deep rumble in her throat served to soothe the two, as they gazed upon her with wide, frightened eyes that are so typical of newborns. This world was radically different from all they had known thus far, the warm, pulsating uterus replaced by cold, sharp air. In order to protect her young, Daenerys soon sought for her footing, getting up stiffly from her comfortable resting spot. They would have to try their legs, in order to be able to run from any danger. She looked up and thistle gaze fell upon a hybrid stallion, delicate lobes pointed to him when he spoke. An exhausted, albeit polite smile appeared on her face at his question. “Don’t worry, it is quite alright. We’re fine now,” the fae replied softly. “Thank you for the kind words, stranger,” she added at his remark, booming with pride of her young.

She turned her head at the sound of hoof beats, at first slightly worried for her young at the sight of the large figure, but she sensed no cruel intention in the stallion’s eyes, so when he smiled she returned the gesture placidly. He moved closer to her and for a moment, she wanted to step back, but she stood her ground. The touch to her forehead was gentle, and she somehow understood that he had no words to express, because he couldn’t. “Thank you, kind sir,” she chimed quietly, acknowledging his form of congratulating her. Thistle optics watched as the black and white stallion greeted the young ones, weaving fathers into their sprouting manes. The mare nodded her ‘thank you’, watching with slight surprise as the Pegasus turned and left, disappearing within the shadows between the trees. It was certainly one of the more puzzling encounters she had made in her life, but it had left an impression all the same.

Dany nuzzled her young to stand and after a couple attempts, the filly got up and staggered a few, shaking steps to her mom’s side to nurse. The colt had more difficulties, not because he wasn’t strong enough, but because it seemed challenging for him to gain balance when standing. With a bit of support from a gentle nudge, Dany encouraged him in the direction of food, where he soon greedily suckled opposite of his sister. All was bliss, and as Torasin arrived upon the scene, Dany was calm and collected. His joyous face was reflected in her own visage, washing away any concern that might dwell within the painted steed. “Thank you Torasin, they most certainly are!” she returned in greeting, turning her muzzle to fondly caress the rump of her daughter. “This little girl will be known as Eris, and her brother will be Ares,” she chimed in response to his inquiry, not needing much time to think but rather instinctively knowing it. The filly ceased her feeding for a moment, to look at Torasin with her large, violet eyes. She would be as beautiful as her mother one day, and quite the enchantress herself. But for now, her growling stomach and base need of food was all that was on her mind, so she quickly returned to her business. “A generous offer, dear friend, but I think rest is the best medicine for the moment,” the dam spoke, agreeing with his sentiment.

Messages In This Thread
Breathe me [birth, open] - by Daenerys - 11-10-2012, 06:34 PM
RE: Breathe me [birth, open] - by Tingal - 11-11-2012, 12:35 PM
RE: Breathe me [birth, open] - by Crow - 11-11-2012, 01:25 PM
RE: Breathe me [birth, open] - by Torasin - 11-11-2012, 03:33 PM
RE: Breathe me [birth, open] - by Daenerys - 11-17-2012, 07:24 PM
RE: Breathe me [birth, open] - by Tingal - 11-21-2012, 03:08 PM
RE: Breathe me [birth, open] - by Ahriman - 12-03-2012, 08:44 AM