the Rift

Not So Vast || Midas/Open
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Her youthful, borderline answer didn’t surprise him, "My home? It was just like this except there was a herd of about fifteen, dull, boring, and stupid horses."

To speak of ones family in such a way was not only unbecoming of that person; but also rude. He scoffed inwardly, and then scowled for being judgmental. Again—who was he to pass verdict on this girl? Outward appearance remained a picture perfect shin of pleasantry. Familiar fragrances of kinfolk lingered around them; she too would become familiar with the herd, given time.

"I am sorry Midas. It seems more pleasant here, but thoughts grind into my mind making it more challenging for me to focus on the point that this place isn't the same."

An apology tumbled from dark lips, he softened just a little; still watching, still smiling. But, inwardly he realized that she needed a little more attention than most other travelers that were welcomed. Mind tried to find common ground, wisdom and understanding. Quickly Midas came to a realization that they were both alike—in a small way. She ran from unpleasant memories, perhaps not traumatic—but unpleasant. Traveling to a place that seemed mirrored by haunting memories could injure a soul.

Who would know better than him?

Whist he was gaining personal insight, she missed no beat and pushed a request, "Midas, perhaps we could go to the ocean?" gaze shifted from a dropped stance to lock eyes with his new sister. Could she see that spark a dread creep behind his honeyed eyes, dread that flickered when his calming smile fell just an inch? Ray stared back at him, gazing over his frame; hopefully oblivious to the brief lapse of normal, and waiting for an answer. Tone restrained he answered, “Yes, we can—if that is what you wish?”

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Not So Vast || Midas/Open - by Ray - 11-11-2012, 06:05 PM
RE: Not So Vast || Midas/Open - by Midas - 11-12-2012, 07:43 PM
RE: Not So Vast || Midas/Open - by Ray - 11-12-2012, 08:25 PM
RE: Not So Vast || Midas/Open - by Midas - 11-14-2012, 08:27 PM
RE: Not So Vast || Midas/Open - by Ray - 11-14-2012, 08:55 PM
RE: Not So Vast || Midas/Open - by Midas - 11-17-2012, 11:32 AM
RE: Not So Vast || Midas/Open - by Ray - 11-17-2012, 07:20 PM
RE: Not So Vast || Midas/Open - by Midas - 11-19-2012, 12:07 AM
RE: Not So Vast || Midas/Open - by Ray - 11-19-2012, 04:37 PM
RE: Not So Vast || Midas/Open - by Midas - 11-20-2012, 07:05 PM