the Rift

Not in Kansas anymore...

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit

The belle before her was, in a word; lost. The golden eyed femme could see this with ease, the insecurity, the curiosity, the excitement of what wonders would be awaiting her, the hesitance, the innocence – all the traits were freely expressed by the mahogany brown maiden, whose mane was as dark as Mirage’s entire bodice. It was odd for the shadowy mare, to think of what might happen to her should Akaith ever be wretched from this world before her own breathing ceased, and she were forced to go on – would she have been able to? But why would such things cross her mind, why should she think of ever being separated from Akaith, when such an event was unlikely, nay; impossible in her mind.

The exclamations of the youthful flicka stir warm feelings at first –but then she comments on the small stature of the queenly beast, and glittering scales rose on their points, a trail of dark smoke ascended slowly from her slitted nostrils. The dragon fixed this new mare with a sharp gaze, one that stared unswervingly through her very being. She doesn’t know any better, my dear, just as Vikram did not. Soothing tones sung a gentle hymn within her cranium, as the mare tried to calm the easily riled dragon. It worked, in part –at least the dragon did not spit a plume of flames at the other maiden like she had the last time her size was questioned.

A name was proffered to Mirage’s keenly awaiting ears, and she accepted it with a firm, polite nod, thinking it a kind and beautiful name, fitting for the naïve and gentle creature that stood before them. Her reply to the query Mirage had posed previously was a curious one, and the mare puzzled over it for a moment, for the deliberation which caused its delivery was noticed by her, and she wondered exactly which mother Isra was speaking of. Does she speak of the mother that birthed her, or a mother in the same respect that you are my own mother, sister, daughter; Akaith? The dragon was silent in her reply, equally perplexed but refusing to take too much interest in this filly until she was paid appropriately in compliments.

“My name is Mirage,” the mare extended, speaking her name and allowing the cloak of her magic to fall over her form a brief, fuzzy moment. “In response to your query regarding my beloved Akaith,” she referred to the golden creature who stared so probingly at the other, “she is no child, and has been by my side for most of my long life. They are relatively common here, smaller in size to their larger cousins, with abilities just as varied –the ability to bind to one’s mind and soul through the process of impression, being one example.” It was not the first time Mirage had discussed her beloved dragon and the bond that binds them with another in the Threshold, though last time it was with a beast who was equally draconic and equine in stature.

“Isra, your name is as delightful as the smile which so rarely decorates your visage; what is it your mother requested of you here?” Mirage was one to yearn for knowledge, oftentimes she came across as a heartless collector of the substance, taking it without giving any information away. But she was a changed mare, slightly, still devious in her ways, but more willing to give back; much more willing. The Qian was her reason for living now, just as her bond with Akaith, her magic and her mate were; she held them all with high esteem. For those parts of her to function properly she still needed knowledge, for knowledge was power – but she yearned for such power for different, less selfish reasons now. With a delicate smile openly curving her charred, velvet lips, she added;

“I ask only so that I might know if I am able to offer you my aid.”

[ I just, like, officially love Isra. <3 ]

Messages In This Thread
Not in Kansas anymore... - by Isra - 06-21-2012, 09:29 PM
RE: Not in Kansas anymore... - by Mirage - 06-24-2012, 06:54 AM
RE: Not in Kansas anymore... - by Isra - 06-26-2012, 07:14 AM
RE: Not in Kansas anymore... - by Mirage - 06-26-2012, 11:02 PM
RE: Not in Kansas anymore... - by Isra - 06-29-2012, 04:59 AM
RE: Not in Kansas anymore... - by Mirage - 07-02-2012, 07:12 PM
RE: Not in Kansas anymore... - by Isra - 07-09-2012, 12:05 AM
RE: Not in Kansas anymore... - by Mirage - 07-09-2012, 08:22 PM
RE: Not in Kansas anymore... - by Isra - 07-11-2012, 01:49 PM