the Rift

Not in Kansas anymore...

Isra Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
I S R A
“It is good to have an end to journey toward;
but it is the journey that matters, in the end.”

The effect her words had on the golden dragon was not lost on Isra.

Immediately she demurred in the face of the legendary creature’s anger. Large eyes – like a doe’s – brown flecked with green, had a sudden interest in her hooves. Her right foreleg extending slightly to flip a rock over and watch the insects scuttle from the sudden light of day. When finally she summoned the courage to peer sweetly up from beneath her long lashes, the dragon seemed calmer. At least Isra no longer feared her mane being a singed until it stood up like a filly’s… or her eyes being scratched out for her ignorant naivety.

The bonded equine and dragon, having piqued her interest, are the only things impeding Isra from slipping back into the numb state she was in only minutes earlier. Her fluffy ears are pressed forward when Mirage begins to speak, eager to soak in and digest any details about the pair or this place. “Pleasure to meet you Mir-“ she paused when the air grew hazy around the obsidian mare and smiled. It was at once delighted and sad, for she was also reminded of her own small magic that she had just lost. Isra thought it strange that a land, seemingly rich in magic and perhaps other fantastical creatures, stripped her of her own modest abilities upon arrival. She dared not complain out loud but vowed to sort out the puzzle the Great Mother laid before her.

“If that is the case than I’m positive that Akaith is every bit as grand an imposing as they come,” she said, trying to sooth any last prickly edges but probably botching the job. She wondered if one day she would be blessed with such a companion, for Isra loved being a part of something bigger than herself. A faint wrinkle forms on her youthful brow when Mirage comments upon her grave nature and her head lowers a couple notches, acknowledging the point. “I fear that I’m not feeling quite like myself” she said softly. Another smile graced her lips for the older mare, this one not quite reaching her eyes – for who can begin to guess at the will of a goddess?

“Thank you, Mirage. For the kindness you have shown me. Unfortunately she didn’t say exactly, only that I should come here… I guess one can only do her best to fulfill some mysterious task set before her.” Isra wasn’t trying to be elusive in denying the knowledge that Mirage thirsted for; it simply wasn’t in her nature. Perhaps once she got to know the ink skinned woman better, or felt like she had all the time in the world, she would spin out her tale for her.

(I'm glad! For I adore Mirage!)

Messages In This Thread
Not in Kansas anymore... - by Isra - 06-21-2012, 09:29 PM
RE: Not in Kansas anymore... - by Mirage - 06-24-2012, 06:54 AM
RE: Not in Kansas anymore... - by Isra - 06-26-2012, 07:14 AM
RE: Not in Kansas anymore... - by Mirage - 06-26-2012, 11:02 PM
RE: Not in Kansas anymore... - by Isra - 06-29-2012, 04:59 AM
RE: Not in Kansas anymore... - by Mirage - 07-02-2012, 07:12 PM
RE: Not in Kansas anymore... - by Isra - 07-09-2012, 12:05 AM
RE: Not in Kansas anymore... - by Mirage - 07-09-2012, 08:22 PM
RE: Not in Kansas anymore... - by Isra - 07-11-2012, 01:49 PM
RE: Not in Kansas anymore... - by Mirage - 07-16-2012, 08:11 AM