the Rift

Untouchable

Djinn Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Djinn

No one rejects, dislikes, or avoids pleasure itself, because it is pleasure.

There was nothing wrong with her logic, but the stallion still didn't seem entirely convinced. A lingering expression of puzzlement remained on his features even after he shrugged the matter to the side - another topic to discuss at a different time. He shifted where he stood, changing weight pressing the dark-hoofed legs deeper into the layer of snow that covered the ground. The long tail flicked with a swishing sound, releasing thin crystals into the air that glittered when struck by the light of the sun. It was growing brighter by the minute, and as the darkness receded the forest slowly began to wake up. Squirrels chattered as they moved between barren branches, a flow of magpies came swooping in and settled into a nearby tree, their black and white feathering stark and clearly visible against a sky where clouds began to lift. It looked to be a beautiful day, one of those rare sunlit ones where the entire world looked to be made of precious gems and glittering crystals.

The conversation between the two gray-coated unicorns didn't quite match the beauty of the dawning day. The words of the mare brought an aftertaste of death and despair, and the demon-eyed rover once again measured her with that glimmering blue-black gaze. This time the counterweight of the scale was clearly whatever opinion he had made before; a slight twitch at the corners of the lips revealed him somewhat amused at the revelation. She certainly didn't look like a mercenary. The lithe frame and graceful posture rather brought the image of a dancer, or perhaps a messenger swift and endurable, running across the land carrying the will of herd leaders and generals. Instead of a treasured damsel locked away behind borders of a heard-land though, she was tracking down refugees, dirtying her horn with assassinations and wading through the murky underground where no light shone. The Gray? A suitable name, befitting someone in such a position.

"I'm impressed" he said, surprised but seemingly not disturbed by the revelation. "Think me prejudiced if you will, but I always thought that most mares preferred to stay with a herd and raise kids. Those who chose the path of bloodshed seemed to be contradictions to the general rule..." This time the glance he gave her was curious instead of scrutinizing, as if he were watching a puzzle and itched to solve it. The expression deepened as she offered him to join the group, the ever present grin widened and with a slightly theatrical look of thoughtfulness he considered the offer.

"I have a feeling that sticking to you is going to be very, very interesting" he said after a moment. "Alright, if you're willing to take in a complete stranger then I don't mind joining forces. I'll watch your back anytime you need it." With that the stallion relaxed, muscles smoothing out and the posture deflating just a tiny bit - so small a change but enough to reveal that he had been tensed and ready for anything up until now.

"Ophelia, was it? My name is Djinn, son of Querida the LightningQueen and Nato the Ninja, hailing from the Mystic Woodlands in the land of Isilme. It's a pleasure to meet you." He dipped the head in a courteous bow, before shifting the weight and moving the feet forward, the bulky body towering over hers as he came closer. For a moment it looked as though he was about to walk into her - no he did walk into her. But there was no impact, no clash of skin against skin, flesh against flesh. Silent and intangible as a whisper the massive unicorn slipped through the smaller mare and came out on her other side, offering a slight wink with an eye along with a wide grin - he seemed rather pleased with himself. "Guess I'll be at your beck and call from now on."

Nor is there anyone who loves or pursues or desires to obtain pain of itself, because it is pain.

Messages In This Thread
Untouchable - by Djinn - 11-16-2012, 02:08 AM
RE: Untouchable - by Ophelia - 11-16-2012, 11:29 PM
RE: Untouchable - by Djinn - 11-17-2012, 12:14 AM
RE: Untouchable - by Ophelia - 11-17-2012, 12:41 AM
RE: Untouchable - by Djinn - 11-17-2012, 01:37 AM
RE: Untouchable - by Ophelia - 11-17-2012, 01:48 AM
RE: Untouchable - by Djinn - 11-17-2012, 06:08 PM
RE: Untouchable - by Ophelia - 11-18-2012, 12:14 AM
RE: Untouchable - by Djinn - 11-18-2012, 08:16 AM
RE: Untouchable - by Ophelia - 11-19-2012, 03:03 PM
RE: Untouchable - by Djinn - 11-19-2012, 03:48 PM