the Rift

[Quest] Collecting the Final Elements.... [Mirage/RE/Open]

Vikram Posts: 73
World's Edge Skilled Protector
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 19 hh :: 9 years Buff: NOVICE
Kachie
Standing beside Mirage, he watched as Akaith worked on the turtle shell, ears tilted forward with curious interest. The nimbleness that the dragon possessed made him somewhat jealous, knowing his own body would never have the ability to work his surroundings in such a fashion.

When the dark mare touched him, he glanced to her with an inquisitive look. Her news was greeted with an understanding nod, and he brushed his muzzle briefly against her neck. "I appreciate your help, both of you." His gaze returned to Akaith just as she was finishing the harness and testing it, and he admired the way it put together.

But then Jörmungandr returned, setting the sea to boiling again, making putting a storm back into the sky. Automatically Vikram turned to look, watching as the great sea dragon bent his massive head down to drop hot stones into the turtle shell, stones that glowed in the colors of fire and blackened the interior of the shell even as they evaporated the little moisture therein.

Jörmungandr spoke, first a warning and then to wish luck upon the hybrid. A warm feeling filled Vikram, hearing himself referred to as Dragon-Son. It felt right, and pleased him immensely. But not nearly as much as he was pleased when the sea dragon bestowed a gift upon Mirage. An amulet, possessing interesting magic. And then he was gone, disappearing into the waters almost as though he'd never been there. But the drenched landscape belied that, carrying the promise of renewed life in its folds.

"It suits you." He murmured as he nosed Mirage's shoulder, smiling warmly. "I suppose that means we should go then, Akaith. If you need a brief rest, or to steady the shell, you're welcome to rest it on my back for a moment or two. I think I can bear the heat that long." Back was that giddy grin, knowing his quest almost over, and it lingered on his features even as he turned back for the Veins. "See you soon, Mirage."

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Quest] Collecting the Final Elements.... [Mirage/RE/Open] - by Vikram - 07-07-2012, 10:18 PM