the Rift

Come, Little Lamb [Nayati, Open]

Svetlana Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Whether or not I would guide the girl was out of the question. I had known Nayati, my Nayati, for less than an hour, but only a fucking idiot would dare and try to take her from me, or scold me for taking on a lost, bloodied filly when we needed proper warriors to fill our ranks. It was funny, and it made me wonder how protective I would be if I had not simply adopted a foal, but really had carried and given one to the world. I wonder... hmm. No more thoughts of that. You have a real one to love and cherish right now, even if she has no ability to fly nor any horn growing from her forehead. I wondered for a brief moment if unicorns felt pain upon a horn breaking through their skin, or just uncomfortable itchiness like a stag rubbing his head as his antlers broke through. I double-checked the appaloosa- nope, certainly not a nub on her forehead. What a fragile body! Thin legged, fawn-eyed, a fresh white pelt that reflected the blood that had been spilled on my filly's coat and would always mark her for coming in the Frostfall red-painted.

Darling Nayati. Unaware of it as I may have been at the time, the need to protect the little girl would grow, the seed taking root in my heart, until my love was as pure and stronger than if I had birthed her myself, even if she was not blessed with the ability to take to the sky. I would help her grow, help her grow stronger and more confident, until one day, she no longer may fear the world around her and trust in me and the herd, understand the world's strange ways. "We're here little one." I announce, onyx eyes lifting to study the dark mountains. It's nearing sunset, for the days of Frostfall are short, very short. Yes, the shadows are already deepening, the crags of the mountains are painted with burnished ebony, the snow glittering with golden light from the falling sun. The snow is not thick here, but regardless I sweep it away with one ebony wings that flares sparkling white in the sunshine.

I clear a small area beneath two twin pines, near the pool the Earth God visits on occasion, and plant myself here, black legs seeming to connect to the earth. "You can rest here if you like, under my legs, and I'll keep you warm. If you have any questions, you may ask and not fear anything, Nayati." I give her a tender caress with my muzzle. Little Nayati.

""

SVETLANA
the StormChaser

[Image: white-feather2.jpg]

Image Credit

Messages In This Thread
Come, Little Lamb [Nayati, Open] - by Svetlana - 11-19-2012, 08:43 PM
RE: Come, Little Lamb [Nayati, Open] - by Nayati - 11-19-2012, 11:31 PM
RE: Come, Little Lamb [Nayati, Open] - by Svetlana - 11-20-2012, 06:51 PM
RE: Come, Little Lamb [Nayati, Open] - by Nayati - 11-20-2012, 08:05 PM