the Rift

my shadow is the only friend that I have, ktulu

kijani Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

For once in his life, Kijani wasn’t in the mood for eating. Or sleeping.

If that wasn’t bizarre enough, he hadn't tripped an innocent passerby all day, stolen anybody's patch of dinner grass, and hadn't even persuaded a single foal to eat yellow snow. In fact, now that he took the proper time to evaluate his current emotional state, the dark stallion realized he wasn't particularly in the mood for anything at all.

He trudged through the snow and trees miserably, his skin prickling uncomfortably as snowflakes settled on his withers and nestled in his pale eyelashes. Snow. He hated it. He hated the way it made his skin all clammy and gross, and how ice crusted around his hooves and balled up on his fetlocks so it looked like he carried around squirrel genitals tied to his hooves.

Not entirely sure which direction he was headed any longer and rapidly losing count of how many trees he had passed, Kijani plodded to a stop with an annoyed scowl, and hated everything. The forest was strangely dark this direction of the woods, and it gave him the creeps. He glowered moodily at a scraggly, sun-deprived bush that was blocking his way.

Just beginning to slash through the bush, he was suddenly aware of an unmistakable feeling bristling the hairs on the ridge of his withers. Without looking up from his task, Kijani continued stomping through the undergrowth as if he were merely picking flowers in the summertime, instead of bracing himself against a zombie-bush attack in the middle of winter and feeling thoroughly peeved.

"You should know better than to sneak up on a cannibal. Try that again, and I'll be forced to chop you up into oblivion and then feast on your blood."

KIJANI,
stallion of no where and no rank

image credits

Messages In This Thread
my shadow is the only friend that I have, ktulu - by kijani - 11-20-2012, 12:30 AM
RE: my shadow is the only friend that I have, ktulu - by kijani - 11-20-2012, 08:07 PM