Lace the Silverthorn Posts: 459
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 14 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Fajira :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath Chan
Once upon a time there was a man
With his eyes towards the moon
And he wonder to himself:
"Will love come soon?"

The winter was coming to an end. Slowly but surely the stars turned in the sky, allowing the reign of cold and dark to shorten. For each morning the sun rose earlier, the night came later, and the bite of frost in the air lessened. It was a fickle time of year, between radiant days basking in sunlight and violent snowstorms, as if nature couldn't quite decide whether it really wanted to change.

The path he walked was slippery, slick with half-melted snow upon newborn land. If it hadn't been for the luminescent veins surrounding the trail he would surely have gone astray in the storm, blinded as he were by the whipping wind and stinging shards of ice within it.
He never expected the trip to the Veins to be easy. It would be presumptuous to assume that the Gods were easily reached, that it was allowed to simply come waltzing in on their shrines without purpose. It was because of that reasoning he chose to save his visits for times when he really knew what to say, what to ask or thank for.

And he had much to thank for this time.

With the warmth of the white dragon pressed against his back, the cold-draped silver knight approached the shrines of Helovia's protectors, bowed respectfully to all three and closed his eyes, relaxed and in a good mood despite the storm that howled around him.

"I greet you, honorable lords and lady. I stand before you once again, to offer my thank you. Surely I must have been blessed, because so many good things have come my way as of late. No longer do I need to wander from land to land, lost and despairing. I've been accepted, taken in as a friend and confidante of someone, given a home and a family. It certainly feels a bit strange, but for every day that passes I grow more and more fond of my new comrades."

A smile tugged at his lips, the lids parting to regard the holy shrines through the haze - seeing, but mind turned inwards to the faces of Qian and friends from other places.

"The only cloud on the horizon is the constant threat of the former inhabitants of the World's Edge. A group of outcast unicorns remain hostile to us, but I think of it as a price we must pay for the crime of bringing war and strife to this land. I have no doubt that the matter will be resolved in due time, one way or another; by the ousting of the Qian or the scattering of the outcasts. I wish it wasn't necessary. I wish this small measure of peace could last, but no matter where I've gone in this world there has always been conflicts, open or brewing beneath a surface of prosperity. Is it really all our races can accomplish, to battle and squabble over unimportant things?"

A faint sigh slipped from the inky maw at the thought, lithe in face of the howling winds but caused by heavy thoughts. Lace shifted, feeling the claws of the dragon as she held on to his back.

"It seems not only mortals struggle to agree with one another, however" he continued, somewhat daunted over revealing his thoughts on this particular matter - but hey, he was here to pray, right? Might as well speak his mind on all matters that concerned him.
"The winter has been cold. I think I speak for all of us when I say I long for spring to come. I also hope that the lord of Sun will return to his shrine soon, and that he may be forgiven for his actions in the past. I know only little of the events that transpired, even though I myself have been marked by them - the aftermath, no doubt..." Here the equine trailed off, voice consumed by deep thoughts of matters that may or may not be of his concern. He would remains as such for a while, quiet and thoughtful, a mortal standing tall and enduring as the rage of winter whipped the landscape.

Should no answer come, no sign of the Gods appear to pick up the threads of conversation, he would speak for a while longer of small events within the herd before eventually leaving. Content, for he had no desire for power, fortune or companionship. He already had that, more than he had ever hoped for, and the only thing he could offer was the touch of a mortal to perform eventual tasks a divine one didn't have time for.

If required, he would do so willingly, no matter who asked.

[Lace just wants to pray and perhaps receive a quest, if he can be of use somehow]

Image Credit
BronzeHalo.deviantart.com
♦ Permission granted to use magic and violence on Lace and Fajira
♦ Only tag in new threads, spars and if it's urgent
The Store | The Warden

Messages In This Thread
Gratitude (any god) - by Lace - 11-20-2012, 12:16 PM
RE: Gratitude (any god) - by God of the Earth - 11-20-2012, 01:08 PM
RE: Gratitude (any god) - by Lace - 11-20-2012, 02:00 PM
RE: Gratitude (any god) - by God of the Earth - 11-27-2012, 07:49 AM
RE: Gratitude (any god) - by Lace - 12-03-2012, 08:12 AM
RE: Gratitude (any god) - by God of the Earth - 12-22-2012, 11:52 PM