the Rift

The Tree Of Knowledge, Forbidden [Plague(?)]

Zikar-Sin Posts: 78
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 8
M.E.

....Did that hurt you...?

Sin snorted again, taking in the robin's scent as the bird continued to struggle against its restraint. He watched with rapt attention as the bird's body twisted around the trapped appendage, and wondered vaguely if the creature was willing to break off its own wing in order to win freedom. Should he apply more pressure to test this theory? Is freedom that much more valuable than the power of flight? Wasn't flight considered freedom in itself? Sin's thoughts were whirling furiously, but decided against the thought of crushing the wing completely. It was contradictory to his earlier line of study, and he strove to keep his focus.

"You stepped on something brother."

Sin looked up briefly with eyes full of vacant, pleasant interest, catching a glimpse of a rust-coated stallion watching his endeavors, before turning his gaze back to the experiment before him. He released a soft, distracted sort of chuckle. "So I have," he said, murmuring more to himself than the stud before him, "So tiny, so brittle, I guess I applied too much weight against the bone? Weak little things they are...but I hope not to fracture it more. It ruins the research, see. Hopefully it won't die before I'm finished...studying..." He gently pulled the wing toward himself, using his cloven hoof as delicately as he could without releasing his catch. The bird exploded in a series of violent chirps, and fluttered in a much more frantic nature. He studied the robin's reaction with glazed eyes. "I wonder...such a light, fragile thing, how can it...imbue flight..." His speech was soft and garbled in a sing-song of random thoughts that happened to cross his mind, quite forgetting he was in the presence of a guest.

With a jolt, he came back to his senses and remembered his manners. "I do apologize, sir," he said, his tones warm and so appropriately contrite, "I never meant to be so rude, I just..have a passion for the pursuit of knowledge, see," he said, giving a slight chuckle. He took a closer look at the stud, lifting his head slightly to study the rust-brute's glassy horns and ebony locks, the look of an overt ruffian adorning his face and body language. Sin's eyes were alight with evident interest as he looked over the stallion. "I am called Zikar-Sin," he said formally, straightening himself up (making sure not to set his subject free) and inclining his head slightly in respect. He enjoyed meeting new people, and was quite sure that this particular stud was someone worth getting to know. "I hope I'm not intruding on your own personal territor-"

"Stop! Stop! What the hell do you think you're doing?! Let it go! Do you have no emotion inside you whatsoever?"

Sin snorted in shock and shifted his weight, startled at the venom-filled voice coming ever closer. He cringed as he heard the sound of even more snapping bones (crik crik CRACKK Pop) and adjusted his footing, trying to preserve as much of the wing as he could. Damn.So much for keeping the specimen intact. Any more of this would probably kill it.

"Excuse me," he called out to the form that rapidly approached, the one who was making such a racket, "Could you please keep it down? I'm trying to conduct an experiment and you're...you're inter...interfering..." Sin's voice trailed away into the still air, his icy eyes bugging as he beheld the approaching filly. The glare like frozen daggers, the agitated energy to her body, the evident horror that emanated in her voice-- all of it was lost on one as Sin. He couldn't register these things as something worth noting; he saw these things, yes, and he heard them as well, but they passed his field of scrutiny unjudged and unaccounted for. Nor was he one to fall for the beauteous charms of a mare, for he was well past that kind of desire. No, something else entirely caught his interest.

Something else.

"Those wings," he said hoarsely under his breath, watching as the filly's appendages lifted and fluttered in her anger, "They....they're so..." he couldn't finish his sentence, because once again his mind was a fury of thoughts. How did they grow? Did they also contain the power of flight? How much did this filly weigh, and did it affect her flight pattern? Were her bones as breakable as this robin's? And if so, how did her legs sustain her weight? Sin strove to be a polite and pleasant individual, and so would have kicked himself if he could see the unadulterated greed that permeated his features as he stared, glassy-eyed, at the filly's wings.

He looked down at the robin-- who now fluttered halfheartedly against his hoof-- and lifted his gaze back to the filly and her marvelous, fantastical, mysterious wings. His intention and deepest wish was etched in every facet of his body.

(ooc: whoa, long post o.o Pretty much twice the replying power so...yeah...*awkward*)

...Forgive Me...

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Tree Of Knowledge, Forbidden [Open/Plague(?)] - by Zikar-Sin - 11-21-2012, 08:13 PM
RE: The Tree Of Knowledge, Forbidden [Open/Plague(?)] - by Elizabeth - 11-22-2012, 06:34 PM
RE: The Tree Of Knowledge, Forbidden [Plague(?)] - by Elizabeth - 12-03-2012, 01:20 AM