the Rift

When Spring comes, we will be STRONGER. [Mandatory Herd Meeting]

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

KRI the Resolute</style>
    My friends, I am only flesh and bone, but I won't let you die alone.</style>

Side by side, mother and daughter stood by one another with a calm serenity painted on their faces. The desert had given way to the chill of Helovia, but in the close of such a season, there was warmth to be had, especially in the high rise of the sun in midafternoon. The snow had all melted, leaving behind splotches of dark, deep browns tinted red glittering in the sunlight. Amid the great waves of the desert, the bands of dark and light sandstone, the daughter waited beside her mother, silent. A pale face held in honor and respect.

It was then the call rang forth. The mother's mouth tilted upward, releasing a powerful call that the wind pushed forward, down the cavernous hallways of crimson stone and out toward the rest of the herdland. The rocks would amplify the call, beckon each member to gather here, to listen to their leader now. Movement in the Frostbreath Steppe had not gone unnoticed by the Throat, and with the several attempts at ambushes and the few missing members of their allies, it was time to take movement. This winter, the herd had rested quietly, but now, it was time to cut loose the slack she had allowed.

Kri waited, blonde mane tugging at her face, blue eyes waiting for the arrival of them. They arrived alone or in pairs, sometimes clusters of families. Piling into the large amphitheater of stone waves the leader had chosen to give her speech. Nodding to some, simply watching others, she waited until a substantial number had gathered to begin speaking. "We have much to discuss, children of the desert."

"Over the winter months, we have been sleepy, but our numbers have grown," the number of bodies nearly doubled over the past few seasons, which was both a joy and a worry to the leader. She could not protect this large a family alone. "Our enemies have no been as restful as we in the wake of the Qian's victory, my kin. We must strengthen ourselves for any future attacks that may arise."

"Leander has suggested traveling in pairs or groups, and I would like for all to see the wisdom in these words. I wish not to hinder any of my herd in their right to travel, but I would have your safety be perserved. Please be cautious while traveling outside the realm of the Throat. Do not give the band of Mauja's followers the opportunity to injure you or your brethren.

"Generals and Soldiers of the Throat, now is the time to take practice in your skills. The invasion of the Edge was successful, but let us not rest on our laurels. We need to train in the ways of battle to protect ourselves as well as to ensure future victory.

"I will be asking that Bazilisk, our new Artisan, and the Apprentices of the herd take to building a wall around the northern border, which is unprotected by the waters of Helovia. This will be a massive task, but its undertaking will increase our safety. Any who wish to participate will speak to me about the plans.

"Xira and the Informants will be tasked with the assignment to gather information about any outcast bands and their movements. I do not want to be surprised by any unlikely groups.

"My daughter and her Medics should take to more lessons in the art of healing before the need for their skills arise. I seek our herd to be able to aid themselves before turning to others.

"Citizens of the Throat, I urge you to study under our higher official in a trade. Become useful to your herd and your kin; give back to them as they would easily give to you. We are all family here, and I would wish for us all to be able to count on one another."

Looking toward the golden stallion with white rims around her eyes, she says, "Lastly, I wish to promote Leander to lead by my side in honor of his loyalty and willingness to aid his herd."
""

[ OOC: I kind of assumed you all would show up just to get this out of the way. xP ]

Messages In This Thread
When Spring comes, we will be STRONGER. [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Kri - 11-21-2012, 07:49 PM