the Rift

When Spring comes, we will be STRONGER. [Mandatory Herd Meeting]

Adoxa Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

I gallop into the clearing as I hear the important call from my leader, Kri. I am ready to listen, even if it means hearing bad news or responsibility that I have never had before. The Sultana speaks of our growing numbers and I puff out my charcoal chest slightly with pride, as my twin brother and I are new additions to the Dragon’s Throat herd. I craned my neck round for my chestnut brother, Alisier, and my mothers, Tares and Aure. My chartreuse eyes wander around the clearing, taking in faces I’ve never seen before. A golden stallion stands a little way away with a colt tugging excitedly at his mane. I smile at the family, wishing for my own to hurry up and get to the meeting. The golden haired leader stands tall and proud, addressing the whole herd. I incline my head to her, and continue curiously checking out my surroundings.

As I scan the clearing, my eyes discover a giant snake. Self-consciously, my knees begin quivering and I discreetly take a few steps back. I focus instead on Kri, listening to her talk about traveling in pairs, and thinking that I would rather be with my brother or my moms than by myself, like I am now. Kri mentions that the medics need training, and I raise my head, looking proud at my position, ready for the Shaman to teach me how I can heal. I was bigger; I was prepared, excited to help my herd mates when they needed me too. I was eager to learn with my brother, ready to protect my herd, and though I knew I was still young, I felt older. Much, much older.
stock

Messages In This Thread
RE: When Spring comes, we will be STRONGER. [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Adoxa - 11-26-2012, 04:31 PM