the Rift

Did I find Something? (Open)

Cielo Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Cielo

It was cold, morning rays only just peeking through the branches that had been bare from the loss of their leaves. Every leaf had turned from greens of the warm and humid summer to the oranges, reds, and golds of the lovely fall. Slowly plants and trees had deciding that it was time to sleep for the winter, and tucking themselves away. A light layer of frost decorated the floor of the forest, making the ground white and shine where the sun touched it, not quite warm enough to melt the fluffy frost.

That was past. The animal was here now. The winter would evaporate soon. The snow would melt soon and the trees would let life grew. The sun would shine down on the horse’s backs. Everything would become warm again, until of course winter came again.
The horned being was there, sprawled on it’s hooves with eyes open and horn shifted out of his forehead. Stride had been slow when the dark form made his way into the Forest. Though he knew little, he knew enough. His body had ached as he had moved. He was unaware of his surroundings but he fully intended on figuring them all out later, but at the moment, he was lazy. He stood tall, proud. The being took the form of a horse, one with bay coloring with a tribal sign on his right hindquarter, beige hooves, and silvery-black horn. It was quite clear that this being had gotten lost the night before and was still looking for something, as his fur was dusted with frost that was slowly melting from the body heat that put off and his banner slightly knotted.

Slowly he stirred, legs twitching first before weary copper-brown eyes opened with a passion. His mouth opened in a slight yawn before he rolled forward a couple of steps, standing and shaking himself off. It was at this point that it was obvious that this horned horse was a stallion, for he was large in build. As he took the time to look around, his entire body shook from hooves to horn. Stupid, white snow… Don’t be so cold. A cryptic smile encompassing his black lips. The stag looked around and then remembered something.

"I forgot... I'm lost." His thoughts trickled around the speech that he had given. He had come, and he thought it through over and over on his way. He snorted slightly and tossed his large head, shaking his forelocks out of his eyes before turning around and looking at everything. Where am I? He asked himself, eyes blinking lazily at the surroundings. Almost a parallel universe. Not too worried, he had gotten lost very often. A thought wormed its way into his mind though, what if he wasn’t lost, but had found what he had been looking for? Helovia.

Cielo contemplated that heavy question for a moment before his focus was caught by a sliver of light reflecting off his wet hooves. Curiosity toying with his mind. He looked it over, peering at his hooves in hopes that it would glint again. Oh wow yes, attention span very short and lacking with this one. A lot.

He listened carefully, following the path of thought as it went. He didn't think he'd be going into the spot of the lead for a herd he barely knew, but there were always the factors that he wouldn't just let anyone lead him. He had been a loner his whole life. He didn’t think he would just switch his entire life style.
Distant hoof beats echoed to his ears. They sounded like his own hooves thundering against the open plains. Cielo could smell a fellow horse very near. So close he could almost taste it. The vision flew into his head. The slick horse leaving his dead sire. ”What a jackass. Who was that?” He had absolutely no idea. None.

Messages In This Thread
Did I find Something? (Open) - by Cielo - 11-21-2012, 10:02 PM
RE: Did I find Something? (Open) - by Orinthia - 11-27-2012, 03:23 PM
RE: Did I find Something? (Open) - by Elizabeth - 11-27-2012, 04:59 PM
RE: Did I find Something? (Open) - by Cielo - 11-27-2012, 09:50 PM
RE: Did I find Something? (Open) - by Orinthia - 11-28-2012, 02:39 PM