the Rift

Wraith [OPEN]

Couth Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Even while the obsidian mare's eyes swept over her, Couth felt comfortable, reading the easy softness of the shadowy mare's features to mean that she was not being scrutinized, and that she found nothing to dislike. While Couth was not a vain mare, she knew she was healthy and fit, and if any found something to dislike about her appearance it would have been because of their own personal taste in appearances. She had been observed with repulsed looks before, by those who did not find the soft pink of her skin or the pearly sheen of her coat appealing. Her neck was long and thin, and her chest narrow and slanted up toward her hips; she looked fragile and delicate on such long legs, but Couth knew otherwise. If Mirage found anything about her appearance that she didn't like, she certainly did not let it show. She impressed Couth who liked to see equines use only subtle facial expressions and did not appreciate it when others put on a poker face; Mirage seemed to be slipping by both tests easily.

The way the woman spoke while asking for Couth's name caused the mare to flick one ear a bit further back; she was made uncomfortable by open admissions of attraction. From a stallion the comment might have been ignored as either way, Couth was not charmed by flattery. But such words came to her as a surprise when they came from a mare, though she quickly reminded herself to be polite and be respectful and appreciative of the mare's compliments. She too found her counterpart appealing- the suave, swarthy mare had a dark but inviting charm about her- but such thoughts often went unspoken by the perlino pegasus.

"I havenae told the breeze my name," She admitted with a light tone. "It is so wayward; I'm sure it would forget." She said and as though on cue, the breeze lifted to tousle the sylph's mane, toying as well with the ebony locks of the equine, to Couth's surprise, revealing a mark of gold on her neck. But the tresses fell still before Couth could see any more than what appeared to be the outline of a dragon's head. Her eyes flicked back to the mare's gaze and she dipped her head once. "I am Couth." She said, satisfying the question which had been asked of her with a direct answer at last.

Her pale gaze was distracted by the purling sound made by the dragon-creature on the mare's haunches. Such a proud, noble creature it was, and rightly so; those of a gold hue were rare and royal; even a mare without a companion knew this to be true. Thus, her respect and admiration for the dark mirage before her doubled, knowing that she must be a creature of truth and devotion to have been gifted with such a remarkable companion. Couth's ears flicked forward at the sound of the creature's name and she immediately bowed her head in response. "I am flattered. And you are fortunate to have a companion of such nobility," Couth replied reverently.

Messages In This Thread
Wraith [OPEN] - by Couth - 06-22-2012, 08:26 PM
RE: Wraith [OPEN] - by Mirage - 06-22-2012, 10:33 PM
RE: Wraith [OPEN] - by Couth - 06-23-2012, 06:43 PM
RE: Wraith [OPEN] - by Mirage - 06-24-2012, 06:44 AM
RE: Wraith [OPEN] - by Couth - 06-24-2012, 11:12 AM
RE: Wraith [OPEN] - by Mirage - 06-24-2012, 09:04 PM
RE: Wraith [OPEN] - by Couth - 06-27-2012, 06:06 PM
RE: Wraith [OPEN] - by Mirage - 06-27-2012, 09:28 PM
RE: Wraith [OPEN] - by Couth - 06-28-2012, 02:19 PM
RE: Wraith [OPEN] - by Mirage - 06-28-2012, 10:01 PM