the Rift

Tall Trees, Long Shadows (Open)

Aryel Posts: 229
Dragon's Throat Soldier
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.4 :: 4
FennecFyre
Dark? Yes. Dangerous? Aryel scrutinized Murdock's face for a moment, wondering if his words veiled a threat. This dark forest seemed like th place where dangerous horses would roam.

If this was in a foal's story, that is. Shadows didn't always conceal enemies, danger could be found anywhere if one wasn't careful.

"I can take care of myself." she said, pawing the ground once, the faintest of hard edges creeping into her voice. "I've been on my own before and I know how to protect myself in a fight." She snorted. "As for what I'm doing? Just exploring. I'm new here, so I thought it best to familiarize myself with the terrain."

Forcing herself to calm down and stop acting so hostile, she listened as Murdock explained his own reason for being here. So, he was a nomad. She had been worried about missing the ability to roam free once she joined a herd, but Kri was pretty lenient on allowing her herd members to roam. She figured as long as she stayed off any other herd lands she would be fine. The majority of Helovia seemed to be neutral ground, with the herd homelands at the edges. This was clever on part of the herds, as it allowed large buffer zones, which no doubt decreased conflict. "North, huh?" she asked, whisking her tail. "I'm from southeast of her. At least, I think..." she trailed off, a sheepish expression coming over her. "I sort of lost track while I was leaving home. We had a pretty small home range, and I was just so excited to finally be out in the wide world that I just picked a direction and went."

She shook her head in response to his next question. "No, I live in the Dragon's Throat. It's pretty arid, but there's enough scrub and grass to graze on near the oasis, and any wingless invaders would have a hard time crossing the desert. Not that I've ever had to deal with invaders." Aryel had heard of the previous war against the World's Edge, but she didn't know the specifics. She looked around at the trees standing silent sentinel. "I don't know if I'd want to live here, to be honest. It's sorta creepy. Not that I scare easily." she added hurriedly.
Thanks for the good times, and no hard feelings for the bad times.

Vicer and Aryel's new threads never happened.

Messages In This Thread
Tall Trees, Long Shadows (Open) - by Aryel - 11-22-2012, 11:19 AM
RE: Tall Trees, Long Shadows (Open) - by Murdock - 11-24-2012, 12:21 AM
RE: Tall Trees, Long Shadows (Open) - by Aryel - 11-24-2012, 09:19 AM
RE: Tall Trees, Long Shadows (Open) - by Murdock - 11-24-2012, 09:40 PM
RE: Tall Trees, Long Shadows (Open) - by Aryel - 11-25-2012, 10:36 AM
RE: Tall Trees, Long Shadows (Open) - by Murdock - 11-25-2012, 02:06 PM
RE: Tall Trees, Long Shadows (Open) - by Aryel - 11-27-2012, 08:34 PM
RE: Tall Trees, Long Shadows (Open) - by Murdock - 11-27-2012, 09:56 PM
RE: Tall Trees, Long Shadows (Open) - by Aryel - 11-28-2012, 04:41 PM
RE: Tall Trees, Long Shadows (Open) - by Murdock - 11-28-2012, 07:38 PM
RE: Tall Trees, Long Shadows (Open) - by NPC - 11-28-2012, 07:59 PM