the Rift

Tall Trees, Long Shadows (Open)

Murdock Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 9 | def: 10.5 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: 8 HP: 61.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Gaz

M U R D O C K
If I go crazy then will you still call me Superman?

Murdock listened in silence as the spirit told its tale of battle and bloodshed. He couldn’t help but feel a small fire of anger burning in his chest at the ignorance of the Gods. He thought about the three herds that currently ruled the various regions of Helovia, and he too wondered if such a war could occur again. He had not been long on this new land, though he had learned enough. He knew about the racist groups that roamed the northern territories, and he couldn’t help but be disgusted by their narrow-minded views. He had been raised among Pegasi, and though they were the only race present on his homeland, he felt nothing but curiosity towards Equines and Unicorns.

Murdock felt ashamed to feel any sort of contempt towards the Gods, and though he told himself this war occurred many years ago he couldn’t help but feel that maybe they hadn’t changed. He nodded in agreement with Aryel’s oath to the spirit, committing the tale to memory for later use. Perhaps he would be able to pass on the story to others; telling stories, real or completely made up, was something he did enjoy. He listened intently to the blue mare’s tale as she began, though he couldn’t help but keep his gaze fixed on the spirit. What other tales did he have saved up in his head that they would never hear? He must have a wealth of information that would be lost forever to the mists of the forest.

Aryel’s tale was as shocking as the one the spirit had relayed, and Murdock shook his head in disgust. Racism was something he would never understand. He had to admit he felt somewhat superior to the other races who were bound to the earth, though he did not feel the need to spill their blood upon the ground. A thoughtful frown dwelled upon his face as the mare fell silent, and he pondered which tale to tell. He had heard many tales from his mother when he was young, although he had lived to endure far more exciting events himself.

Stepping forwards, Murdock prepared to present his tale. “My story is not a tale of war, but a legend that was told among the members of my fleet. My homeland was ruled by the Pegasi, and no other races were present on our island. Every horse there has markings that glow in the dark and only show up at night. You see, I have these too but of course you can’t see them since it’s light out. Many years ago, the first Pegasi that lived on the island had no markings such as these, and their coats were pure black. Of course, night-flying could be a bit of an issue for them as they couldn’t see each other on cloudy or moonless nights.”

“For a few years, these Pegasi had experienced a number of unfortunate collisions, and it left them feeling that flying at night was no longer safe. One day, the king of the most powerful fleet called out to the Goddess of the Moon, and requested her presence. She appeared to him, and he presented a request for her help for this...predicament. The Goddess, ever so kind and fair, willingly granted this request. She painted beautiful markings on every horse that could only be seen at night, and the markings would light up with beautiful colours so they could see each other. Ever since that day, there have been no more head-on collisions, or collisions of any sort, and we are free to fly at night”.

Murdock smiled as he finished his tale, glancing first at Aryel before his gaze came to rest upon the spirit. “I could show you my markings, of course...but we’d be here a while” he laughed. The sun was still high in the heavens, and it would be several hours before the shroud of night fell upon the forest. He could hardly imagine how other Pegasi made out without such ‘warning lights’, although he had to admit they were a bit of a disadvantage when one was trying to be sneaky in the dark.

"Speak"

Messages In This Thread
Tall Trees, Long Shadows (Open) - by Aryel - 11-22-2012, 11:19 AM
RE: Tall Trees, Long Shadows (Open) - by Murdock - 11-24-2012, 12:21 AM
RE: Tall Trees, Long Shadows (Open) - by Aryel - 11-24-2012, 09:19 AM
RE: Tall Trees, Long Shadows (Open) - by Murdock - 11-24-2012, 09:40 PM
RE: Tall Trees, Long Shadows (Open) - by Aryel - 11-25-2012, 10:36 AM
RE: Tall Trees, Long Shadows (Open) - by Murdock - 11-25-2012, 02:06 PM
RE: Tall Trees, Long Shadows (Open) - by Aryel - 11-27-2012, 08:34 PM
RE: Tall Trees, Long Shadows (Open) - by Murdock - 11-27-2012, 09:56 PM
RE: Tall Trees, Long Shadows (Open) - by Aryel - 11-28-2012, 04:41 PM
RE: Tall Trees, Long Shadows (Open) - by Murdock - 11-28-2012, 07:38 PM