the Rift

Better than yourself [open]

Ares Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

I am satisfied as sister rounds up next to me, and I nudge her winged shoulder teasingly. She is cold I can tell, and I do not mind to stand still for a moment so she can get warmed up. I am never cold, but it is nothing I really think about; it’s just how I’m born. Ready to resume my exploration of these snowy fields, I am interrupted as Ahriman steps in front of me, and my lobes flick back in annoyance. I nip at his withers, for I am already almost as tall as he, but he does not notice me. Turning my electric blue gaze in the direction of his, I too spot the blue mare coming closer. Unlike Ahriman, it is not worry so much as it is curiosity that I feel at the sight, and that he has placed his butt in the middle of my view does not please me. With trusting eyes I look to the stranger mare as she speaks and flash a handsome smile in her direction; she sounds much like mother, yet she has no jurisdiction over me, so whatever admonitions she speaks are only to be considered suggestions.

A witty comment is forming in my brain when suddenly I smell smoke upon the cold air. Wonder is painted upon my face for I see no fires, yet suddenly a bolt of flames appear not far from where we are standing. I press sister back to stand protectively in front of her, mane and tail igniting immediately at the sign of threat. Lowering my nape, I stand ready to charge whomever might be intent on doing us harm; imagine my surprise when a filly suddenly stands before us, not much older than sister and I. With my mane and tail still on fire, I raise my head and look at her, a smile appearing on my face. She is young, with such powerful magic, a creature of fire like I. I hear Ahriman introducing himself, but I do not care to look away from the beautiful young girl that stands there, innocently asking us about our traveling. It takes a while for my flames to be extinguished, for I do not yet control them fully, and excitement and surprise triggers them immediately. “I’m Ares. How did you do that?” I ask, electric blue eyes still fixed and I step forward with a gallant smile on my maw.

Messages In This Thread
Better than yourself [open] - by Ahriman - 11-22-2012, 05:47 PM
RE: Better than yourself [open] - by Aryel - 11-23-2012, 10:46 AM
RE: Better than yourself [open] - by Israfel - 12-02-2012, 10:39 AM
RE: Better than yourself [open] - by Ahriman - 12-05-2012, 04:28 PM
RE: Better than yourself [open] - by Ares - 12-05-2012, 04:51 PM
RE: Better than yourself [open] - by Aryel - 12-07-2012, 04:41 PM
RE: Better than yourself [open] - by Eris - 12-08-2012, 11:15 AM
RE: Better than yourself [open] - by Aryel - 12-08-2012, 07:45 PM
RE: Better than yourself [open] - by Ahriman - 01-16-2013, 07:50 AM