the Rift

Better than yourself [open]

Aryel Posts: 229
Dragon's Throat Soldier
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.4 :: 4
FennecFyre

Aryel
I'm through accepting limits / 'cause someone says they're so.

Aryel's eyes turned downwards to look at the little filly speaking to her. Not very old at all, with little stubby wings that had yet to be any sort of useful. One eyebrow deliberately quirked to mimic the filly. "Is that so?" she said as she said they had no home, pretending to be offended. "Well, there's not need to get huffy with your elders about it." Brattiness in children annoyed her greatly, but it wasn't worth the effort to get mad at an immature horse that didn't know any better. While one could argue that Aryel had been guilty of brattiness herself, she would in turn state that being adventurous and little disobedient was hardly bratty.

"So you're nomads, then?" she asked the eldest, Ahriman. "Not a bad life, really. You get to see the whole world that way. But to be honest, having your hooves grounded somewhere isn't a bad thing either."

She wondered if there was a reason preventing them from joining up with a group. Surely three children on their own would want others protecting them? Especially ones that were practically newborns, like the youngest two. Where were their parents? Did they have any parents?

Her attention swung back to the hybrid foal as she spoke again. The eyebrow could hardly go any higher. "Born from flames, eh?" She turned her muzzle away as a little tongue of flame flickered towards her for a moment. The name was odd, too. Last names weren't common in her experience. She might call herself Aryel Ariessasdaughter in a formal occasion, but most of the time she was simply Aryel. "Well, miss Israfel Azarwhatsit, care to elaborate? That magic is certainly impressive for a child, but I'm more interested in how you came to possess it, and why you appear to be both a unicorn and a pegasus."

"blah blah blah."

Some things I cannot change / but until I try I'll never know.

Thanks for the good times, and no hard feelings for the bad times.

Vicer and Aryel's new threads never happened.

Messages In This Thread
Better than yourself [open] - by Ahriman - 11-22-2012, 05:47 PM
RE: Better than yourself [open] - by Aryel - 11-23-2012, 10:46 AM
RE: Better than yourself [open] - by Israfel - 12-02-2012, 10:39 AM
RE: Better than yourself [open] - by Ahriman - 12-05-2012, 04:28 PM
RE: Better than yourself [open] - by Ares - 12-05-2012, 04:51 PM
RE: Better than yourself [open] - by Aryel - 12-07-2012, 04:41 PM
RE: Better than yourself [open] - by Eris - 12-08-2012, 11:15 AM
RE: Better than yourself [open] - by Aryel - 12-08-2012, 07:45 PM
RE: Better than yourself [open] - by Ahriman - 01-16-2013, 07:50 AM