the Rift

Tearing sutures out to make the anguish last. [Midas]

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

I'LL WEAVE YOUR NAMES INTO MY RIBCAGE,</style>
lock your hearts inside my chest.</style>

Sorrow gave way to alert tension as I here the steps of an approach. I lift my head up high once more, ropes straining to lift such a weight against a heavy heart, my hard face taking to curious lines as I turn to see one of my generals. I smile meekly, unable to greet him in a manner that would be acceptable on other days. My blue eyes linger on the gold markings surrounding his eyes before they sinking into the abyss of brightly colored irises. I could see a question posed on his lips before he even opens his mouth, and I sigh inwardly. Still, I hold up my sagging shoulders with willpower born of a stubborn child. Glancing at him carefully, making sure not to reveal my inward thoughts through my eyes even while balancing a delicate layer of attention to his words.

Sultana, my ears flick back in annoyance, though not at my good hearted solider. I felt no ill will toward Midas so much as the flowery title, and I could almost grimace from the way it sounded in replayed in my mind. "My name is Kri," I say sharply in reprimand, looking at him with eyes that have regained some of their lost fire. "No matter what titles the land gives me, I would have you call me by the name given by my parents." My name, after all, was one of the few lasting details I held of my parents. I do not recall much of them, except their names and the vague color of their coats so similar to my own. Therefore, the name is like a keepsake, tucked carefully into my heart. If I listen well enough to the beating in my ribs, I can sometimes here the softened voice of my mother chiding me by that same name.

Back then, Kri was just a troublemaking, violent filly. Now, Kri is the name of a leader who would gain respect from this stallion, much more worthy of praise. How we change over the years.

"I always have a moment for any of this herd."
""

KRI the Resolute</style>
I WILL GIVE YOUR HEART A PLACE TO REST AFTER EVERYTHING YOU HAD HAS TURNED AND LEFT.</style>

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tearing sutures out to make the anguish last. [Midas] - by Kri - 11-30-2012, 10:05 PM