the Rift

There Are Shadows [Open]

Ailith Posts: 47
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15.0 HH :: 8
Adoptable

No matter what we breed, we are still made of greed
This is my kindom come, this is my kindom come

Upon thin lips did a smile appear, it was a soft thing that looked heavily out of place on her face, but it was an involuntary reaction to the heat of the beast. Mixed emotions kept her dazed, while curiosity stoked her reluctance to see him go. While she held reservations towards the strange appearance of the animal, she had many questions. For a moment, she glanced around unsure of how to amend the damage already done. Lavender eyes found those of gold and remained there, silently wishing for a moment more of his time. Though, stubborn tradition would tell that no such words of apology would stir the current tension created between the two. Two parts of the whole fell on separate floors, one wooden and one tile. The wood had given way and cracked beneath the weight of her loneliness while the tile remained unscathed as ever.

As he turned to go, the silence he left was immense and without any real thought behind the word, she spoke quietly, “Wait…” No harmony followed the request, though she wished one had. If panic were an expression she knew how to express, it may have possessed her features like a veil of darkness, but instead only blandness remained. “I do have a tendency to speak while absent of company as I’ve no one in with which to share my words.” The small moment of defeat beckoned to an aggression inside her gut, one that admonished her for such weakness while turning around and around until it had twisted painfully.

The creature’s wicked smile does nothing to soothe the unease brewing below her chest and if time allowed, she would have taken the words back, hidden them away until he had passed like all the others whereupon she might share them with herself, a loon in all respects. Though, her insanity did not derive from her independence, but rather from the forced nature of such. Turning away once more, she allows him to go, as he was certainly not amused by her antics, if such behavior could be named by the term. The warmth of the sun beats down upon her back, a golden light illuminating the sand-colored coat she had inherited by her mother.

This is not the end, she reminds herself, trying to compensate for the loss of yet another heart due to her guarded aggressions. Then she looks once more to the ebony dragon perched atop the creature’s shoulder as they recede, leaving her behind and she wishes for such a bond. The idea only consumes her as she smiles halfheartedly at their previous interaction, both entrenched in one another as if lovers. Whatever love felt like, she was envious of the emotion and of the bonded animal and dragon that had left her altogether speechless in their arrival and departure.

[OOC: So sorry about the wait x.X]

Messages In This Thread
There Are Shadows [Open] - by Ailith - 11-23-2012, 09:20 PM
RE: There Are Shadows [Open] - by Osiris - 11-25-2012, 03:31 PM
RE: There Are Shadows [Open] - by Ailith - 11-26-2012, 11:50 PM
RE: There Are Shadows [Open] - by Osiris - 11-27-2012, 12:32 AM
RE: There Are Shadows [Open] - by Ailith - 11-30-2012, 08:24 PM
RE: There Are Shadows [Open] - by Ailith - 12-07-2012, 12:05 AM
RE: There Are Shadows [Open] - by Thor - 12-13-2012, 12:17 AM
RE: There Are Shadows [Open] - by Mandrake - 12-16-2012, 09:36 PM
RE: There Are Shadows [Open] - by Ailith - 12-17-2012, 02:55 AM
RE: There Are Shadows [Open] - by Thor - 12-26-2012, 02:45 PM