the Rift

There Are Shadows [Open]

Ailith Posts: 47
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15.0 HH :: 8
Adoptable

No matter what we breed, we are still made of greed
This is my kindom come, this is my kindom come

A haggard thing, she was, brimming at the edges like some elegant bird, priming its feathers despite the lack of any real beauty. She smiled in spite of herself at the mare’s “humble” approach; it seemed so out of place after the dog and his dragon departed. Though she seemed neither friendly nor inviting, Ailith was careful to allow her presence on the stage. She was more than eager to be rid of the bitter Threshold, with its careless residents… It seemed that she was not so well received by her audience and she was more than ready to welcome any homestead at this point. “He spoke not of homely wishes my friend, though I do desire a place to rest my head at night.” The thought made her weary with a longing to rest her not only her head, but her eyes as well. Looking back at the trail that had taken the wolfish creature and his companion out of sight, she wondered where exactly he might be headed. He surely hadn’t enjoyed her own presence, taking her for a fool despite her obvious effort to overcome his strange breeding. Species was a curious thing to her, which was why she felt comfortable merely in the company of her own kind. This ill-mannered mare would suffice in her equine appearance, even if her personality was nothing to die for.

Glorious rise? Rise to what exactly? With so many intermingling breeds, she wasn’t sure that rising was in the Foothills’ agenda. She scowled for a moment, turning her head away as if something else entirely had drawn her attentions. A sick feeling welled up in her stomach and she was forced to ignore the bile that rose into her throat. She had wanted to rise, yes, but not in the hands of Unicorns and Pegasus. But, she had no time to be picky after such a trying day wallowing around the waste of the claiming grounds.

Please tell me how such relationships work between all races, surely there is conflict somewhere…” After all, how could one claim alliance with another so totally and uncompromisingly different? She looked back to the old mare now, clearly aware of her battle scared hide and the distant look of savagery in her eyes. She was no rebellious youth, at least not anymore, which led Ailith to believe that she had once lived in the moment as some kind of Amazonian war tyrant. What had made her that way? She was tempted to ask, but the solemn look in the other mare’s eyes warned her against it.

The Foothills… Ailith hoped that she could find solace within their ranks, but she was surely uncertain about that due to the rising complication of her racial values. It seemed that it made it harder to cope with so much restraint, but it was also something that could not be put out. It was a fire that laced the inside of her stomach and burned hopelessly there until, at times, she lashed out against those who deserved no existence on such a perfect earth. Again she found herself staring at the path that had steered the hybrid away from her, one that allowed him to leave her here, alone. Is this what her values would bring her? Would they bring her the loneliness and another incident much like today? He had left with nothing but a mere devilish smirk upon his face after insulting her for indulging in her own selfish chant. His timing couldn’t have been more, well, untimely. She hadn’t wanted to see him go and yet she had been the cause of it because she had resolutions against his name, his creation.

For this, she was determined not to let another opportunity slide through her fingers, like a slim piece of lace that was meant for her own veneration. This time, she would bend over backwards to impress this mare so that she would have the chance to change her outlook, her way of life. She knew it would not be easy because she held so much reservation towards those inbred creatures who possessed wing or horn, but she would try. Isn’t that worthy of a gold star? “To be witness of any such uprising would be my pleasure, though, I have yet to thank such a saint for the revival of my downfall… does she possess a name?

In light of her decision to be more accepting, she still couldn’t help the sense of humor that helped more than anything to brighten such a dark day.

[ooc; Sorry if there are a lot of mistakes in this, my medicine makes me super loopy. 0.o]

Messages In This Thread
There Are Shadows [Open] - by Ailith - 11-23-2012, 09:20 PM
RE: There Are Shadows [Open] - by Osiris - 11-25-2012, 03:31 PM
RE: There Are Shadows [Open] - by Ailith - 11-26-2012, 11:50 PM
RE: There Are Shadows [Open] - by Osiris - 11-27-2012, 12:32 AM
RE: There Are Shadows [Open] - by Ailith - 11-30-2012, 08:24 PM
RE: There Are Shadows [Open] - by Ailith - 12-07-2012, 12:05 AM
RE: There Are Shadows [Open] - by Thor - 12-13-2012, 12:17 AM
RE: There Are Shadows [Open] - by Mandrake - 12-16-2012, 09:36 PM
RE: There Are Shadows [Open] - by Ailith - 12-17-2012, 02:55 AM
RE: There Are Shadows [Open] - by Thor - 12-26-2012, 02:45 PM
RE: There Are Shadows [Open] - by Mandrake - 12-28-2012, 08:29 PM