the Rift

The Funeral [Open]

Chernobyl Posts: 134
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 hh :: Nine | Tallsun HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Psilo
[Image: 50c3cfe45dfd7]

Chernobyl

At the core of her heart, the fibers were strung tight, bearing no resemblance of a life well lived. The holes and cracks threatened to make the chord snap and only inky hatred would remain. In moments of weakness, she dreamed. She dreamed of light and freedom, though ethereal chains bound her to this earth in which demons graced the helms with terrible vengeance. Their eyes were bottomless as if in them you could find fortunes of death, lives broken and then later forgotten. At times she thought about these devils, pondering how they walked the grey expanse of the merged alliance between Heaven and hell. They did not speak because of their incredible knowledge, their voices ripped from dry throats with no more than a mere glance of solemn fate. Day by day, they could only observe and witness the pains of those loved, of those lost… until the end of the earth became visible and they disappeared without a trace. Where they went, she wasn’t sure, but she wondered if they had completed tasks to lead them to golden gates. Somehow though, she doubted that blessing ever crossed their path. In fact, there was no fooling anyone into believing that the Gods graced them with any such mercy. Into the flames did they conspire and burn eternally, like her heart, though it still beat, the sound was nearly indecipherable.

Opening her eyes to a realization that had formerly evaded her, she looked upon Lena in a new light. Though she was not robed in white and her angelic figure was that of a common Unicorn, perhaps she would understand the raven’s desires to grow. You’ll help me… It was a passing thought that wanted vanish the moment it arose, but part of her wanted to believe that this mare would bring change. And perhaps she could, though Chernobyl was hesitant to ask. A frozen chill course along her spine at the idea and she grew quiet once more, folding into herself just as she had done so many times beneath that hideous gaze of sickly love. Her emotions pushed and pulled, tearing her heart in so many ways that it was almost hard to ignore the sudden tightening in her chest, in her throat.

To live again… I’d like to join you.” The words were breathless and altogether unexpected. Cool reluctance seemed to evaporate and for a moment the walls began to fall, though that moment in time was short. The air was palpable now, as dark eyes looked on hopelessly. It was an overwhelming fear that wrought her mind as she considered the ramifications of trusting another, depending on another. But life… it was something that she could not ignore.

But oh, I'm staring at the mess I made
As you turn, you take your heart and walk away

crushed and filled with all I found
underneath and inside, just to come around
more, give me more, give me more

pixel is by RELI<3

• Feel free to magic on her, but no murder.

Messages In This Thread
The Funeral [Open] - by Chernobyl - 11-24-2012, 01:31 AM
RE: The Funeral [Open] - by Lena - 11-25-2012, 07:27 AM
RE: The Funeral [Open] - by Chernobyl - 11-26-2012, 10:12 PM
RE: The Funeral [Open] - by Lena - 12-01-2012, 08:26 AM
RE: The Funeral [Open] - by Chernobyl - 12-04-2012, 03:03 PM
RE: The Funeral [Open] - by Lena - 12-09-2012, 07:40 AM
RE: The Funeral [Open] - by Chernobyl - 12-09-2012, 11:03 PM