the Rift

Building the Wall [Crafters!]

Bazilisk Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

B A Z I L I S K
I do not desire to hear your words, nor you mine.

It was early morning, the day after Kri's meeting. The sky was a pale shade of gray, the dregs remaining in a cup of tea, washed with palest pinks and yellows along the bottom, tentative color spilling over the horizon. A small yellow disk on the horizon remained the sun, rising over the sea lapping to my right. I liked the sea, the smell of it, the stubbornness of it to continuously attack the shore. Today the waves were steel gray, ribbed with brilliant blues, topped with frilly white hats. I had gone back to sleep during the day of the meeting, curled up in my tree, only slithering out of it to hunt last night, and catching a couple of hours to rest before coming out in the rising of the sun, to gather my young apprentices. I knew what I would teach them, the basic fundamentals. I would teach them writing as well, perhaps at a later date. I wouldn't want to teach a bunch of illiterate kids forever. My red tongue slipped out between my white fangs, tasting the salted air as I twisted through the dunes, my body leaving a curling ribbon of sand behind me.

I stopped at our northern border, where the air warmed and the earth turned darker from the fumes given off by Helovia's pumping lava heart. Here is where I called my crafter children, sought them out. As I waited patiently for them to arrive, I twisted into a bit of a knot, and when the first arrived, I was struggling to unloop my curls. Idiot, I thought to myself, dismayed, and finally managed to undo myself. My venomous green eyes watch them in some disappointment as few, very few arrive, although my numbers are not as good as they should be. Add that to my list of things to improve on. I coughed slightly, uncomfortable even at the presence of such small numbers.

"I am Bazilisk, who, I'm sure, you know as Artisan of the Throat. Today I've asked to come help me build the wall along the northern border as our leader Kri requested. I have a couple of rules for you. Please remain cautious with materials and do not get in my way. Accidents do happen when I'm extracting metal from the earth or surrounding areas and I wouldn't want to hurt any of my apprentices. If I ask you something, carry it out carefully and with diligence. I won't take any tomfoolery around me." I pause, resting my stern gaze on them, to make the words mean something to them. "I will need you horses to help find nearby metal and bring it back to me if you can. After we do this, I will teach you the basic fundamentals of building and we will proceed to the actual building of the wall and dimensions it will need." I smile at them, my eyes taking on a more bright note. "Move quickly and know you are helping your herd!" Now I only have to settle down and wait for them, although I do extend my consciousness to find the closest metal deposits and extract them from the earth. Only in my sight distance, of course- it would not do to accidently spear a foal.

When I complete this, my mind wanders to the actual wall. It needs to be a big, nice one too- I won't settle for some cobbled old thing. Hmm. Yes, it will have to be quite nice and square-edged. About twelve feet high maybe. Metal foundations will be food, but I would prefer to use stone if at all possible for the wall itself. Only one entrance- an arching thing in the middle, with doors. A walkway on top, three or four feet wide. It will be an architectural wonder in this land without a house!

It will be beautiful as well as strong.

Messages In This Thread
Building the Wall [Crafters!] - by Bazilisk - 11-24-2012, 10:58 AM
RE: Building the Wall [Crafters!] - by Cera - 11-24-2012, 06:13 PM
RE: Building the Wall [Crafters!] - by Basya - 11-24-2012, 09:42 PM
RE: Building the Wall [Crafters!] - by Bazilisk - 11-25-2012, 02:43 PM
RE: Building the Wall [Crafters!] - by Cera - 11-25-2012, 07:29 PM
RE: Building the Wall [Crafters!] - by Basya - 11-25-2012, 08:46 PM
RE: Building the Wall [Crafters!] - by Rapha - 11-25-2012, 08:53 PM