the Rift

cave in the .c l i f f s.

Tor Posts: 197
World's Edge Nurse
Mare :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 9
Adoptable
[Image: winter_snow_by_ladyfey-d5g626q.png]

Tor was excited to see that no longer did her mouth breathe out clouds of gray smoke. It was nearing spring, the thaw, the warmth of summer's kiss coming swift. Snow was dripping, glistening, the ice on the cliffs beginning to glisten, drops of dew falling from their pointed teeth. Ice! Melting ice! It was saying the spring was nearing, the winter dying. Wonderful spring! Tor loved the winter, she did. But it had been a hard one, a long one, a bitter one that seemed to live forever, gripping the land in frosted hands and snowy teeth, exhaling cold air over the once green land. Sod was frozen solid underneath golden hooves, but here, here, the sand was softening to fine sunny copper, the waves were turning from choppy iron veined with silver to lovely faded pearl blue, glistening to bright exotic green towards the horizon.

Tor quickened from a trot to canter, enjoying the warmth returning to her feet. Already her thick pelt was thinning to a glossier coat, although her feathers remained as heavy and long as ever, whispering around her big-jointed legs. Soon she was nearly galloping down the beach, knees high and head proud, eyes bright with the pleasure of simply running. Yes, there was nothing that could beat the joy of forgetting worries and leaving behind nerves.

It was only after a long time of running did the painted lady slow to a trot, puffing. She was skinny, even despite her eating herbs to help her breathe easier and stay stronger, but she was lucky enough to have enough food to last her. With a quiet snort, Tor steadied herself, allowing the air back into her lungs as she sidled closer to the edge of the cliff overlooking the sea. The rough rock grazed her coat as she walked, allowing herself a curious glance upwards. Above her was the World's Edge, home to the Qian and Mirage's followers. Was it wrong that Tor wondered if the Qian were right to take the Edge? Maybe the ex-Edge should've been able to keep it. It didn't seem fair somehow. There you go again, Tor, thinking of fair and not fair. Leave it alone! It's not really your buisness. Maybe not, but more and more Tor was getting caught up in a web spun of her own selflessness. Allegiances to the Qian, to the ex-Edge, to the Gray, to Cassiopeia and Lace and Ktulu and Ophelia... what would happen when she was spinning too many threads?

It wasn't until the water tickled her feet did she notice she had stopped in front of a dark gaping hole in the Cliff. Chills ran through her body, and she took a few steps back, eyes trying to gauge the deepness of the hole. It was a rocky mouth, icicles still dripping at it's head, probably licked out by the battering force of high tide. Don't lose yourself in there and get drowned. The draft told herself, before curiosity overcame her and she entered the damp hole into the cliff. It was cold, chillingly cold, and silent except for the plop of falling water. When her coat brushed the side of the tunnel, slime came off on her coat. Deeper and deeper she traveled, her big body hardly fitting through the throat of the beast at points, until she finally came to a dead end. But it was a glittering, shining, glowing dead end. Jewels. Everywhere. Shimmering green- jade, beryl, apple, grass-green, forest-green, shadow-green, moss, peacock, olive, viridian. Blue- azure, beryl, blue-gray, blue-green, cerulean, cobalt, indigo, navy, royal, sapphire, teal, turquoise, ultramarine. Oh the purples and reds! Crimson, scarlet, vivid bloody red. It was beautiful, so incredibly beautiful. Hundreds of precious stones gilding the stony walls, glistening softly, sparkling deep within.

"talk talk talk"
move move move
think think think

Messages In This Thread
cave in the .c l i f f s. - by Tor - 11-25-2012, 03:26 PM
RE: cave in the .c l i f f s. - by Vermillion - 11-26-2012, 12:33 PM
RE: cave in the .c l i f f s. - by Tor - 11-26-2012, 09:09 PM
RE: cave in the .c l i f f s. - by Vermillion - 11-26-2012, 09:34 PM
RE: cave in the .c l i f f s. - by Tor - 11-27-2012, 07:13 PM
RE: cave in the .c l i f f s. - by Vermillion - 11-28-2012, 09:55 PM
RE: cave in the .c l i f f s. - by Tor - 12-01-2012, 06:14 PM
RE: cave in the .c l i f f s. - by Vermillion - 12-02-2012, 09:15 PM