the Rift

cave in the .c l i f f s.

Vermillion Posts: 42
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 14.3 :: 7
Guess

Tor was being followed.

Her pursuer was both lighter and smaller, and made virtually no sound as he diligently tracked the older mare. The unicorn blood that flowed through his hybrid veins also aided in his ability to follow her un-noticed. At least, he didn't think that she had noticed. If she had, she gave no indication. Had he been older and wiser, his mind might have cautioned him that this could all be a trick. After all, the mare had gone barrelling down the beach into a secluded cave, seemingly all alone. Seemingly. But Vermillion wasn't older, or wiser - and this was the first time he had ever attempted to follow someone before. If someone were watching this scene unfold, and could read Vermillion's mind, they might suggest that a simple "Hello" might do him better, than stalking but...Vermillion didn't have anyone.

He was fairly sure that this was the mare he was looking for. He hadn't really been given a good description of her, however. He knew she was apart of The Grey, and that the Grey's Healer fit Tor's description, but he could be wrong. Ktulu had said The Grey would help him find his lost brother...but he was sure that would come with a price. He had to find some way of contributing to The Grey, and he had heard that the Healer needed aid finding herbs and whatnot, and although he had tried unsuccessfully on his own, he knew he needed to do more. As Tor entered the cave, his mind drifted to his experience in the Heavenly Fields, where he fought a losing battle against a strange purple plant. He had gripped it with his teeth and pulled with all of his strength, but the little plant would not budge. He still didn't know how that was possible. That's what I need her for. He thought, to learn.

As Vermillion entered the cave, he stayed close to the walls, trying not to let his cloven hooves echo too much on the hardened ground. He attempted to match each of Tor's steps, so that any sound he made would be shared with her, but her steps were much longer than his, due to the great difference in their sizes. If she saw him now, what she would see is a little unicorn - leonine tail stretched out and upwards for balance, comically stretching out each hoof, and holding it in the air until Tor took a step. As the pair went farther into the cave, Vermillion began to see what Tor already did - all of the glittering stones. He was too mesmerized by all of the colours to realize that it was in fact a dead end. Ignorant of this, Vermillion simply stood awe-struck, taking in all of the colours, which were overwhelming his little mind.

Please tag Vermillion in all posts !

"it is when we are most lost
we find our truest friends "
                   - Snow White

Messages In This Thread
cave in the .c l i f f s. - by Tor - 11-25-2012, 03:26 PM
RE: cave in the .c l i f f s. - by Vermillion - 11-26-2012, 12:33 PM
RE: cave in the .c l i f f s. - by Tor - 11-26-2012, 09:09 PM
RE: cave in the .c l i f f s. - by Vermillion - 11-26-2012, 09:34 PM
RE: cave in the .c l i f f s. - by Tor - 11-27-2012, 07:13 PM
RE: cave in the .c l i f f s. - by Vermillion - 11-28-2012, 09:55 PM
RE: cave in the .c l i f f s. - by Tor - 12-01-2012, 06:14 PM