the Rift

cave in the .c l i f f s.

Vermillion Posts: 42
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 14.3 :: 7
Guess

Quivering, Vermillion pulled his lower lip inwards to keep it from trembling as he looking up at Tor. The words that she recited to him, sounded...mystical to his mind. Like something medieval, from a fairy tale. Second of command under Ophelia's rule, gifted with magic from the God of the Earth. Wow. His mind, distracted, focused on what she had said about the God of the Earth. "There are God's here?" He asked, more to himself, than to Tor. Unknowingly, Vermillion had run into the Vein of the Gods previously, having chased a bird there. He had checked back often, trying to find the red cardinal which had alluded him that day, to no avail. But he had never even heard whispers of the Gods, until just now. As Tor reprimanded him, however gently, his ears fell backwards. He looked up at her apologetically - his leonine tail still wrapped around his hind leg, which was shaking ever so slightly. It wasn't fear which was now causing the reverberation deep within his bones, it was a struggle between his childish naivety, and the slow reality of adulthood. Solomon wasn't here. He was probably dead. Vermillion simply couldn't accept that. He tried to tell himself that he would feel it in his very soul, should his twin die. But his mind reminded him that the little stallion had not felt their twin-bond in quite some time now.

Vermillion's shoulder's slumped down, making him look even smaller in comparison to Tor. "I'm sorry." He murmured quietly, his green gaze sweeping the floor, unable to meet Tor's eyes, less he see a look of disappointment, or annoyance. He was realizing slowly that he had a lot of growing up to do. Look at Ktulu - hardly older than him, and leading a group of mercenaries! Then there was Vermillion: brother-less, family-less, personality-less...With a sigh of acceptance, he looked back to Tor. "Solomon is my twin. I ...I don't think he made it from Isilme. With great effort, Vermillion plastered a fake smile across his face. He didn't want to be a bother and if Solomon really wasn't here...well...Sulking wouldn't do any good. "I think I'm supposed to help you find herbs? For healing and stuff? I found one..in the Fields. It was purple, but I couldn't pull it out. It tasted..."Recalling the odd purple plant that he had tried to de-root, he smacked his lips together, recalling the taste. "Like cinnamon?"

Please tag Vermillion in all posts !

"it is when we are most lost
we find our truest friends "
                   - Snow White

Messages In This Thread
cave in the .c l i f f s. - by Tor - 11-25-2012, 03:26 PM
RE: cave in the .c l i f f s. - by Vermillion - 11-26-2012, 12:33 PM
RE: cave in the .c l i f f s. - by Tor - 11-26-2012, 09:09 PM
RE: cave in the .c l i f f s. - by Vermillion - 11-26-2012, 09:34 PM
RE: cave in the .c l i f f s. - by Tor - 11-27-2012, 07:13 PM
RE: cave in the .c l i f f s. - by Vermillion - 11-28-2012, 09:55 PM
RE: cave in the .c l i f f s. - by Tor - 12-01-2012, 06:14 PM