the Rift

We will be young forever [Gryffindor,Open]

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
The Edge had been in uproar since Mirage had been taken by Xanthos and there was no doubt that everyone was on edge. It was this idea that brought me home for the past few days, as I felt an obligation to the herd, even if I had yet to get to know absolutely everyone. Spring was approaching and it seemed that the creatures of Helovia were coming to life and war was becoming a prominent issue as the cold began to dissipate. It seemed that the warmth had thawed the frozen ambitions of those like Xanthos and encouraged them to commit foolish acts, which I could say so surely due to the anger that bubbled in the pit of my stomach. Mirage had come to me in the Threshold and it seemed that I owed her as much as my participation in her rescue. I would later go to Lace, a grullo stallion that I had seen at the campfire to enroll my aid in our lead’s return. However, the thought was forgotten momentarily as the musky scent of newcomers stung my nostrils with a pungent stink that prickled my skin.

The ground was soft beneath my weight and the suckling of mud marked my approach, though I did nothing to conceal it. There were three animals, two holding offensive positions and merely one in defense. I hadn’t seen the black stallion before, though the way he held himself towards these entirely new faces ensured me of his belonging to the Edge. He appeared to be a strange creature, an uncommonly opaque shade of black that seemed to run alive across his skin. I had never seen anything like it and upon second glance I noticed that this liquid substance had gathered and swelled into a shapeless mass before becoming more definitive. At the dark stallion’s side, an ink-like panther came to life, black eyes steadily inspecting the opposing stallion duo. The cat was tense, as if he held a personal connection to the strange animal from the Edge, a protector of his silent companion.

Neither animal spoke to the intruders and I hadn’t time to question why before a pale stallion stepped forward to take the stage. He was nearly as strange as the fluid animal now at my side. I had ignored introduction in favor of becoming a listener. I relied merely on the alliance of calling each other “herd mates” as my invitation to join the black Edge member. The snowy stallion spoke with tunes of self-admiration and arrogance, but I was quiet and observant enough not to make much note of it other than a simple narrowing of the eyes. He appeared to be a languid creature, clearly confident in his position as self-proclaimed “leader”. The secondary stallion lay in wait, obeying his master as he should, quietly observing and avoiding conversation thus far. The pair was just too strange for me to understand and this put me on edge, my muscles bunching and gathering beneath my skin.

I was clearly larger than all members in attendance and I used this to my advantage. Pressing forward, I lowered my gaze to the snowy bandit, my throat constricting in forced kindness. “What would you like to know of the place?” I held reservations of the two and tried to offer them some sort of fairness before jumping to conclusions, but intuition told me to stay on my toes… With so many raids reducing our numbers and crippling our power, I felt overprotective of the residents of my home. Glancing back at Gryffindor, as this “Tribute” had finally named, I decided that if they were indeed serious about joining our ranks, I didn’t want to make them uncomfortable in doing so. Gruff tones erupting from my throat once more, though I had tried to soften them with ideas of friendship, it seemed that I had resorted to shelling them out until I had been proved of their innocent intentions. “I’m Thor, World’s Edge Apprentice Protector. There’s much to know about the Edge, but wiser questions would impose more knowledgeable answers...

I couldn’t help the crude sentiment, but if they had wanted answers, they should have come with thought-out questions. Locking a stiff gaze on the pair, I pondered the inky stallion at my side. I hadn’t a clue his name or his role in the Edge, but I was glad to have his support, even if none had ever been truly discussed. I was focused on reviving the Edge as a whole and it seemed that with so much going on, I couldn’t help but feel judgmental of newcomers in Mirage’s absence. I was determined to get to the bottom of this sickening feeling that dwelled in the pit of my stomach at the sight of these stallions, after all, how often did males travel together and bare good intentions?

Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

Messages In This Thread
We will be young forever [Gryffindor,Open] - by Tribute - 11-26-2012, 04:30 PM
RE: We will be young forever [Gryffindor,Open] - by Gryffindor - 11-29-2012, 12:58 PM
RE: We will be young forever [Gryffindor,Open] - by Tribute - 11-30-2012, 01:51 PM
RE: We will be young forever [Gryffindor,Open] - by Thor - 11-30-2012, 11:51 PM
RE: We will be young forever [Gryffindor,Open] - by Gryffindor - 12-02-2012, 10:46 AM
RE: We will be young forever [Gryffindor,Open] - by Tribute - 12-04-2012, 01:21 PM
RE: We will be young forever [Gryffindor,Open] - by Gryffindor - 12-08-2012, 11:42 AM
RE: We will be young forever [Gryffindor,Open] - by Tribute - 12-09-2012, 06:27 AM