the Rift

Caught In A Winter's Rain [Open]

Psyche the DarkEmpress Posts: 380
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 8 (ages in Orangemoon) Buff: ENDURE
RayoDeSoleil

Had Mauja truly chosen such an ignorant band of fools to be in his herd? For all the good they did, he could have just let them go join the skyrats and sing "Kumbaya" around the campfire! Her fury, quelled by her outburst and Elizabeth's agreement with her orders, raised its ugly head once more, crackling with the fiery passion that fueled her actions. The red-maned fae truly didn't understand how things worked, did she? This was not a matter of the ex-Edge, this was a matter of the Plague, and she simply did not belong. Perhaps she could, if she so chose to join them, but she had not as yet, and as such had no say in the actions of the Crux. Amber gaze narrowed into a withering glare, lobes flattened against her nape. Her cranium raised, a motion both of defiance and leadership. She matched the mare's vocals, retaining a calm, collected tone, though it was colored with the sarcasm that was so typical of the shadow-mare.

"Well, darling, one insignificant racist unicorn wouldn't draw any attention to anyone. No offense, Elizabeth, but that is how it would appear, dear." A small smile graced Faelene, and though it was not devoid of cruetly, it was a more subtle blend than normal, a smile created just for her. "Do you truly think that I would jeopardize this herd, dear, when it isn't mine to destroy?" It was the truth. She was, of course, concerned for the safety of the herd, as she felt that it was her responsibility to care for them in the FrostHeart's absence (though she was sorely regretting that obligation now), though her intentions were more centered on the Plague. "Perhaps kindness would be welcomed, were it faked kindness; but truthfully this is none of your concern. It is not a question of the exiled herd, of which Xanthos was not a part. You are right, I may not be your queen, but there are some who would follow my lead. That is the path he has chosen, and so he will answer to me in matters such as this."

Who did she think she was, anyway, to insert herself into a situation of which she had no part? And then for Xanthos, the insufferable fool, to dare agree with her, to raise his voice in the situation. But the shadow-mare, learning diplomacy, resisted the urge to bare her teeth and snap at him, instead allowing only a slight flare of annoyance in her nostrils. It may not go unnoticed, but it was self-control, nonetheless. And then, a smaller voice, from a smaller being - a young unicorn foal was asking the traitor if he was alright. I am surrounded by idiots. She eyed the youngling impassively, also electing to remain silent to his appearance. Yes, the best thing to do for now was to allow the red-maned to speak her piece. They would win no battles against themselves, that was for sure, and if her passions could be turned to their side, she may prove an asset yet.

[W/C | 514]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

Messages In This Thread
Caught In A Winter's Rain [Open] - by Xanthos - 11-27-2012, 06:58 PM
RE: Caught In A Winter's Rain - by Elizabeth - 11-27-2012, 07:18 PM
RE: Caught In A Winter's Rain [Open] - by Psyche - 11-28-2012, 04:27 AM
RE: Caught In A Winter's Rain [Open] - by Xanthos - 11-28-2012, 08:58 AM
RE: Caught In A Winter's Rain [Open] - by Psyche - 11-28-2012, 02:56 PM
RE: Caught In A Winter's Rain [Open] - by Elizabeth - 11-28-2012, 05:22 PM
RE: Caught In A Winter's Rain [Open] - by Faelene - 11-29-2012, 08:00 PM