Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.3 hh :: 38 months
Alex
prints-of-stock@deviantart
burtn@deviantart
kittykitty5150@deviantart

I saw the mirror starin’ back at me.
And it told me I’m a self machine
------" Tares "------

Loneliness has lured me from the threshold and a faint longing to find the corpse of my father has dragged me further into the depths of this unknown land. I have muttered prayers beneath my breath to the gods of light and fire with every heavy step I have taken, feeling the weight of the earth beneath me. My wings have remained hidden for days now- I seem to lack the energy to take flight, or the longing to see the sky that I had once always harbored.

Perhaps now that the dream of seeing it with him is forever lost, I too am beginning to feel the same. For what is my purpose here? What is my tie to this land? I have no forged relationships or bonds, no one to care for, and certainly nothing to love. No, I am alone.

At least, this is how I have been feeling. But there is something about the egg, radiating with a pale heat, seeming to quiver with cold even beneath the unbearable heat of this never ending Tallsun. My ashen body bends at swollen knees to greet the egg, the barrier between its inhabitant and new life, this horrible, cruel life, and with every pulsating vein, with every slight shift in its movement, I feel its pain. I feel the cold.

For the first time in days my wings outstretch and the feather in my mane bursts into a bright white flame. The black sinews of my mane fall across the egg's pale surface as my wings stretch over it protectively. With soft yellow eyes inherited from my father, I gaze upon its seemingly breathing form. The flames of the phoenix curl up from my back and gently cover the egg, warming it, bringing it closer to me instinctively. Perhaps it is not my place to do this... perhaps it is no ones. But if this is not my duty, what is?

"Speak"

Messages In This Thread
Born of Fire - by Random Event - 06-24-2012, 09:30 PM
RE: Born of Fire - by Tares - 06-24-2012, 10:00 PM
RE: Born of Fire - by Random Event - 06-28-2012, 07:10 PM
RE: Born of Fire - by Tares - 06-28-2012, 11:13 PM
RE: Born of Fire - by Random Event - 07-01-2012, 10:40 PM
RE: Born of Fire - by Tares - 07-04-2012, 10:55 PM
RE: Born of Fire - by Random Event - 07-06-2012, 12:11 AM
RE: Born of Fire - by Tares - 07-06-2012, 12:32 AM
RE: Born of Fire - by Random Event - 07-08-2012, 02:52 PM