Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.3 hh :: 38 months
Alex
prints-of-stock@deviantart
burtn@deviantart
kittykitty5150@deviantart

I saw the mirror starin’ back at me.
And it told me I’m a self machine
------" Tares "------

The sound of my flame becomes a part of my entity, and the silence that surrounds the egg and I seems stifling. My graceful head lowers to rest beside the glowing life as it emanates a faint heat and light that seems to blend with the gaping hole made in the earth's crust. I hold no fear of the heat of Helovia's heart, but I'm certainly not eager to make my way closer to it.

I shift my body to its side and let my forelegs curl around the egg now that I am sure I am alone, and let my senses dull with a false sense of security. My tail lies flat against the ground, and the long silky hairs of my beard grow clogged with the ash that has come to surround me. I have stopped focusing on keeping the flame from spreading- at this entrance to the center of the earth, the land is used to the fire anyhow.

And so, it seems, are the creatures. For just as I lay my head I hear a rustling from behind, and become aware of a being that seems undaunted by the flames of my wings. My weak hocks ache and protest as I attempt to lift even my thin frame up upon them, and thus my rising appears feeble. Yet I remain curled protectively around the egg, and my wings don't even dare to flicker as they act as a barrier. My tail lashes suddenly and wildly up from the ground to strike out at the source of the sound, and with wide, yellow eyes and a curved neck, I stretch to gain sight of the threat. I let out a dry and hollow neigh, a warning to the creature to leave us in peace, and feebly kick up dust with a cleft hind hoof. No, it is the whip of my tail that poses the largest threat to this creature- fast and firm, it strikes without mercy, and I'm ashamed to think that I may have learned anything from my mother.

[Eee, thanks so much for this opportunity admins! Am I just protecting the egg for now, or hunting? I'm a little unsure because of the new companion type, and I don't know how it works.]

"Speak"

Messages In This Thread
Born of Fire - by Random Event - 06-24-2012, 09:30 PM
RE: Born of Fire - by Tares - 06-24-2012, 10:00 PM
RE: Born of Fire - by Random Event - 06-28-2012, 07:10 PM
RE: Born of Fire - by Tares - 06-28-2012, 11:13 PM
RE: Born of Fire - by Random Event - 07-01-2012, 10:40 PM
RE: Born of Fire - by Tares - 07-04-2012, 10:55 PM
RE: Born of Fire - by Random Event - 07-06-2012, 12:11 AM
RE: Born of Fire - by Tares - 07-06-2012, 12:32 AM
RE: Born of Fire - by Random Event - 07-08-2012, 02:52 PM