Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.3 hh :: 38 months
Alex
prints-of-stock@deviantart
burtn@deviantart
kittykitty5150@deviantart

I saw the mirror starin’ back at me.
And it told me I’m a self machine
------" Tares "------

The vulture is smart, but I find myself unfazed by the fact that it turned away from my flame. I wonder if I would have truly cared so little if it had flown straight to its death, or if this is all a lie I tell myself to make myself feel stronger. I am certain only of the fact that I long to protect the egg, perhaps solely for the comfort it brings me to know I can save something innocent in this wretched world. My flames flicker back down towards the egg to bring it warmth once more, and my yellow gaze focuses upon the egg itself and its immediate surroundings. The presence of the threat appears, for now at the very least, to be diminished. All that remains is a little bug, covered in blinking black eyes.

All I can think is how hideous it is. It seems to blink at me with purpose and meaning. It sneaks closer as if it carries malicious intent, and I watch it lazily. Certainly it can do no harm to the egg.

But then the pincers open up, and as small as the bug is, I feel it need not wander so close to my charge. I lift a cleft hoof and strike it down with deadly accuracy, intent to keep the bug away from the egg. If it dies, so be it- what use is a bug to this world after all?

"Speak"

Messages In This Thread
Born of Fire - by Random Event - 06-24-2012, 09:30 PM
RE: Born of Fire - by Tares - 06-24-2012, 10:00 PM
RE: Born of Fire - by Random Event - 06-28-2012, 07:10 PM
RE: Born of Fire - by Tares - 06-28-2012, 11:13 PM
RE: Born of Fire - by Random Event - 07-01-2012, 10:40 PM
RE: Born of Fire - by Tares - 07-04-2012, 10:55 PM
RE: Born of Fire - by Random Event - 07-06-2012, 12:11 AM
RE: Born of Fire - by Tares - 07-06-2012, 12:32 AM
RE: Born of Fire - by Random Event - 07-08-2012, 02:52 PM