the Rift

After a hurricane comes a rainbow [open]

Aryel Posts: 229
Dragon's Throat Soldier
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.4 :: 4
FennecFyre

Aryel
I'm through accepting limits / 'cause someone says they're so.

Aryel shrugged in response to Levi's question. "I'm not sure, to be honest. Now that it's Birdsong I've been ranging out past the herd borders, so I haven't seen it much. And when I do fly past it, I'm up high so judging it's progress is a little hard." She grinned. "But when it's done, I'll bet you any invaders would take one look at it and turn tail. Imagine trekking through the desert only to be turned back by a wall." She felt lucky that the desert could be crossed on the wing so easily. Whoever had first chosen that area to begin a herd must have been a rather forward-thinking horse.

She snorted as Levi bragged that she still wouldn't be able to beat him in a race, but it was a good-natured noise. "At least I don't use sand dunes as landing strips." She shot back. But she let it slide, looking back at Lana as she described her father. Hoo, he doesn't sound like a nice guy, she thought. She knew better than to judge on appearances, but it seemed this stallion's sinister colors would indeed match his personality. She blinked at the mention of flames. "You mean real fire or just flame-colored markings?" If they were going up against a horse with magic, they would have to be careful. She had no desire to get her feathers charred away.

But for now, they could forget about him and go get a drink. "Come on, then." said Aryel with a toss of her head, turning and trotting up in the direction of the river. She increased her speed until she was at a full gallop, blue-black wings spreading and churning the sand with powerful strokes, carrying her away from the ground. Once she had achieved a decent altitude, Aryel circled, waiting for the others.

"blah blah blah."

Some things I cannot change / but until I try I'll never know.

Thanks for the good times, and no hard feelings for the bad times.

Vicer and Aryel's new threads never happened.

Messages In This Thread
After a hurricane comes a rainbow [open] - by Lana - 11-30-2012, 02:38 AM
RE: After a hurricane comes a rainbow [open] - by Lana - 12-01-2012, 12:12 PM
RE: After a hurricane comes a rainbow [open] - by Lana - 12-01-2012, 04:40 PM
RE: After a hurricane comes a rainbow [open] - by Lana - 12-02-2012, 02:06 PM
RE: After a hurricane comes a rainbow [open] - by Lana - 12-03-2012, 01:29 PM
RE: After a hurricane comes a rainbow [open] - by Lana - 12-04-2012, 03:11 PM
RE: After a hurricane comes a rainbow [open] - by Lana - 12-06-2012, 11:51 AM
RE: After a hurricane comes a rainbow [open] - by Lana - 12-10-2012, 02:00 PM
RE: After a hurricane comes a rainbow [open] - by Aryel - 12-13-2012, 08:38 PM
RE: After a hurricane comes a rainbow [open] - by Lana - 12-20-2012, 03:19 PM
RE: After a hurricane comes a rainbow [open] - by Lana - 12-28-2012, 07:57 AM