the Rift

My Feathered Friend [Moon God?]

Coris Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

[Questing for a bird companion - a red-footed falcon. Thought perhaps the God of the Moon being wind, would be best to go to for this?]

Amidst the howling, dry winds of Tallsun and the growling, gnashing teeth of the ocean's waves breaking on the mountain side, there came the steady sound of hooves striking stone. A small, nearly insignificant spec of a horse was making his way steadily up the narrowly winding path, his whole body leaned into the effort of the steep and treacherous climb.

Sweat darkened the stormy coat of the unicorn stallion. It beaded up on his face and in the creases of his muscles, rolling down to stain the heated earth with a brief hiss or to be consumed noiselessly by the gurgling magma - evaporated before it even touched the blue substance. Cautiously the leather worker swung his head around to look at the strange substance. The veins the people here called it, the veins of the gods to be exact. He'd scoffed originally - Coris was not a very religious stallion - but he'd been desperate enough to come all the same.

Standing here now, whiskers curling over the heat and the majesty of the place, he could not help but feel a little belief stirring in his chest. He could almost see the pulse within the blue lava, and were it an easier trek he could have been more gentle with his hooves, half afraid the ground itself was the gods from which the veins poured.

Eventually the stallion made it to the top plateau. Breathless and trembling in limb from the exertion, he stood before the three mighty shrines. Uncertain for whom to call, Coris let his voice ring out loud for any to hear.

"Gods of Helovia," he began, pausing for a moment to collect his thoughts. Despite being alone on his journey, he hadn't bothered to think his way ahead, too concerned with not stepping off the trail or letting his tail drag across the blue fire. Now that he was here he felt faintly foolish. He was talking to air and stone and metal, he snorted, sighing with despair at what he'd been reduced to. I know I have the gifts within me. They are just...blocked. If this can help, I will do it.

"Please hear my voice. I, Coris, son of Cre and Praelia of the distant land Alaglasia, beseech your aid. I have been cast from my home for my inability to produce magic or bond. I know it lives within me, but I cannot seem to produce it alone. Please, help me to bond to a companion - a bird would be most suiting, so that I may find my honor restored, my craft improved and my loneliness cured."

He stood then, head bowed still though gold eyes flickered uncertainly back and forth at the ground. Would it work? He held his breath in anticipation, wondering if his lack of belief would influence his prayer - wondering if there was anyone to hear that prayer at all. By the horn of my father let this work.

Messages In This Thread
My Feathered Friend [Moon God?] - by Coris - 06-25-2012, 06:25 PM
RE: My Feathered Friend [Moon God?] - by Coris - 06-27-2012, 11:41 AM
RE: My Feathered Friend [Moon God?] - by Coris - 07-02-2012, 01:00 PM