the Rift

A Gift and a Request [Sun God]
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia furrowed her brows, wondering how the gods were not aware of the eclipse and its effects. Something deeper was afoot that even the gods could not control, and that was unsettling. She looked up into his eyes and nodded, hoping that all would be revealed as he said. The young, pale mare trusted the Sun God's judgement, and if he thought that the curse would lift, then she would patiently wait. Ophelia expected the Sun God to have some qualms with her request. She knew him to be a powerful being, and even when she requested her last magic, he had warned her of its potency. She had seen much, experienced much, and knowing what was in other's minds was not more traumatic that seeing the expressions in their faces.

However, his task for her caught her by surprise, and her eyes sparkled with confusion and interest. She turned her head to the side and thought about the consequences. For once, she would be able to forget. The memories that hung around her neck like a collar of servitude would be broken in a single, glorious moment. What he was giving her was a gift, not a curse. "Save for the loss of my sister, what you ask of me... this is no hard task," she said, wanting to be honest. "To finally be free of my memories, even if only for a time, is a gift that I have never been given since the moment I was born. I accept this fate with an open soul and my thanks."

With a deep bow, she smiled up at the Sun God. "I will return when the season ends, and by then, I am sure I will want my memories back. Life has a funny way of making you miss what you do not have." She hesitantly leaned forward and touched his golden cheek with her nose in a soft gesture of thanks and affection before turning toward Helovia and toward a new chapter in her life. She would start again.

Ophelia's steps moved across the narrow land bridge, and with every step, things were slipping away from her mind like water over glass. The sensation was liberating, and she began to run. Everything faded into a single, beautiful, clean slate.

She was new.

She was whole.

She was pure.

COME TO ME
we run away forever from this misery

tangled-stock

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
A Gift and a Request [Sun God] - by Ophelia - 12-01-2012, 06:51 PM
RE: A Gift and a Request [Sun God] - by Ophelia - 12-02-2012, 12:06 AM
RE: A Gift and a Request [Sun God] - by Ophelia - 12-03-2012, 12:12 AM