the Rift

My Arrogance has caused Me Pain[Open]

Israfel Posts: 54
Hidden Account
Filly :: Tribrid :: 16.1 hands :: 2 Years
Sparrow

Israfel Azardokht

White legs traveled over white snow; glacial cold kisses her body, but she can smell spring in the atmosphere. Warm breath unfurls in the frigid air, like the wings of a baby bird, fluttering demurely over her head. The pale girl always catches herself wandering through this steppe, although she is not quite sure why - perhaps it is the way light is reflected by the glittering snow, or how alive the feral bite of eternal winter makes her feel. Regardless, she loves this frozen place, with its tundras and its relentless sun which recalls (like so many other things) her father, in all the glory of his luminescence.

A harsh cry disturbs the silence, rousing the peace of tundra birds, and inevitably, our young protagonist, whose eyes widen with surprise, and to a lesser degree, fear. She holds her breath tight in her chest, as if afraid it'll betray her and fly away. The creature howls in pain again - the sound intrigues Israfel; it is otherworldly, animallike. Curiosity nestles in her heart like worms in soft summer soil, it burrows and writhes deeper, until it hits bedrock. She feels helpless against this force which is greater than herself.

In a brief moment of hesitation, she wonders what mother would think of her recklessness, of her sheer disregard of personal safety.

Israfel then shrugs, Mama won't know, she accedes, deciding youthful curiosity trumps common sense and swiveling toward the direction of the dreadful dirge, attempting to pinpoint its location. The sun peeks shyly behind ice and ocean and rocks, painting a halo of gold behind the little demigoddess, whose subject has been found. She bounds gracefully over the snowdrifts, wings outstretched for balance, for the footing was icy and treacherous, and she could not risk being hurt in such an unforgiving area.

As she draws closer to the injured creature, she hears it sputter and cough, as if stricken with disease; the beast in question is a tall golden pegasus, although he seems small, strewn out on the snow like a discarded toy. Momentarily, Israfel recoils, eyes wide with caution. "Are you alright?", she asks uncertainly, pausing a safe distance away from his afflicted body. The little demigoddess notices the blood he has lost staining the snow in stark crimson - she blinks, wondering what he will do, and if she will catch it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: My Arrogance has caused Me Pain[Open] - by Israfel - 12-05-2012, 03:19 PM
RE: My Arrogance has caused Me Pain[Open] - by Valerion - 12-07-2012, 06:23 PM