the Rift

My Arrogance has caused Me Pain[Open]

Valerion Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Valerion
Crystals of snow cascaded as the wind seized and hauled them from the wounds in the crust placed upon the steppe, his hooves seemingly gaining foothold in a breath of the moment before floundering deep into the snow. Blasted. After the Sun God had taken his leave from the lands of Frostbreath, winter had resumed from the lack of his warming presence. Forever lingering in this forlorn place, he wandered from one border to another in what area he now considered his own. Then again, why shouldn’t he? As far as he knew no one had ever claimed the land as their own and no challenges had ever risen against him. He had to admit that it was a shame; he would have enjoyed watching their attempt of failure.

The snow had decreased to only inches as he closed in on a stream, the current keeping only the stream banks frozen during Birdsong. Valerion dipped his muzzle into the icy water, something that was not only sparse through Frostfall. His head jolted upwards as an agonizing scream pierced through the air, his ears swiveling in a try to catch the origins of the sound, but only silence followed. Such sound was no stranger to his ears and naught could cause such a scream of desperation than a body restrained by immense amounts of pain. Another shriek reached his ears, though this time he did not hesitate as he jerked into canter in hunt of its utterer.

Only minutes went by before he came upon the two intruders. A winged palomino stallion lay sprawled in the snow, coughing so hard it seemed as if he was trying to turn his lungs inside out. A blanket of crimson surrounded him and grew only bigger as blood ran from his open gashes. What he found most interesting however, was the little spectator that had come to his unlikely rescue, doing no more than looking at the wounded stallion with a worried expression upon her brow. She seemed like she was lit on fire, reducing the snow around her to puddles. Could this be .. ? Well, whom else? He mused and a smug smile crept across his lips. It seemed like the Sun God had used his time well, siring bastards upon the mortal.

He set his eyes on the stallion, though it was hard to lift his gaze from the divine filly. He made his presence known as he brushed past her, stopping before the winged-one. “I shall ..” he began, his eyes glinting “.. relieve you of this pain.”
image credits
coding = tempest @ sordid secrets

Messages In This Thread
RE: My Arrogance has caused Me Pain[Open] - by Valerion - 12-07-2012, 06:23 PM