the Rift

hungry ghosts. [yseulte, cass, open]

Osiris Posts: 88
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.3hh :: 13.
Comadre :: Plain Black Dragon :: Fire Breath Boom Boom!

image by ferran-jorda @ flickr.com</style>

"Ooooooffeeeee," the sound of wisps as wings flutter past Osiris's ears. His head turns with the motion, hearing the voice he assumed would shortly follow. After all, Comadre had already introduced her to the hybrid before the golden eyes had even made contact with her coat of pure white. Hello, Comadre. The dragon flutters over to the young silver dragon, landing on the white mare's back without waiting for permission, snaking his neck around to watch Tinek with piercing eyes. A sorrowful coo rings out of the dragons mouth, clawed hands reaching for the other reptile in an awkward sort of comforting embrace. Without words, the hybrid watches his bonded's search for comfort while offering his own to the small, silver reptile on Ophelia's back. Were they truly bonded anymore? It was hard to know.

For a moment, his golden eyes almost hesitate to meet with the dual tone of Ophelia's, anchored to the scaled bodies for passing seconds even as a sweet, vulnerable voice rings in his ears. Reluctantly, he drags away from Comadre, half afraid to let the black slip from his sight, to face the pure white face of Ophelia. "My mind is silent," he says in response to her query, assuming that if she were asking this plagued her as well. "I would be joyous for such peace if the silence did not cause me such panic." The wolf was worried, but mostly terrified. The presence of Comadre had somewhat comforted him in the absence of Virva, first when he had assumed her dead and now fled from his side, but the reality of his voice being but a memory to his mind was absolutely crippling. While Comadre had remained by his side, a sign of fidelity from the creature, there was no link the assure that the reptile would not leave. Never had the wolf been so filled with worry and self-doubt about the idiotically cheerful creature than now in this moment. With sudden, stunning clarity, the separation had brought to the forefront the hidden affection of the misfit creature for his tiny companion. The world without Comadre was something much more dreary than he could truly stand. If the bond was to be forever shattered, then what would become of this affection? Would it stand the wear of time or fall to pieces like so many before it? Because now, strangers to each other's minds, Osiris and Comadre had no necessity to remain together.

Thoughts jolt back to the present as sharp ears catch on to the sound of steps approaching. In the darkness, Osiris slinks closer to Ophelia's side, placing himself loosely between the newcomer and the white unicorn, though far from blocking the girl's sight of the approach. His own feral golden eyes seek out the form from the shadows, even as a violet face peeks out into a freckle of light. Her voice is soft and gentle, but has force hidden beneath it, as though to show she was brave enough to speak in the atmosphere dense with emotions. Osiris has nothing to say in response, mouth kept shut and he only stays to observe her figure as it becomes more visible in the dim light. He had little interest in discussing his private thoughts with a stranger and resented her question, though he had no suspicion of ill intent from the girl. Still, eyes narrowed, and the wolf found himself wishing for the clearer images produced by dragon eyes, but his would have to do.

"It's the only expression I know how to make," the wolf says with a twinge of humor finally, one corner of his lips curling upward in a smirk, proving his words false even as he speaks them.
""

osiris </style>
Out of my blood, he'll breed revengement and a scourge for me.</style>

Messages In This Thread
hungry ghosts. [yseulte, cass, open] - by Osiris - 12-01-2012, 11:02 PM
RE: hungry ghosts. [yseulte, cass, open] - by Osiris - 12-07-2012, 11:34 PM