the Rift

water lord [earth god]

Cormac Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

"Life’s pretty good, and why wouldn’t it be? I’m a pirate, after all."

Cormac cannot decide to be gleefully happy or stunned as the heat escaped, the lava cooled to a thick sludge that barely moved. Glistening water poured out of cracks in the molten black rocks, slithering into a circle around the stallion. The wardog snorted, shifting into a battle-ready stance, reminded heavily by the circling water of a twisting viper. But no. A form did rise out of the water, a huge body of translucent water. Fish, silver-scaled and bug-eyed, swam within the body. Green algae clung to the feet of the ethereal being.

The form shook. Cormac tensed, prepared to be soaked by cold, but the Water God simply solidified into a creature of earth, eyes of green. He was massive being, a truly immortal one, but still Cormac did not bow. Perhaps the god could read his mind, read his shifting turmoil between relief and dislike and like. Perhaps the god knew of Cormac's distrust of him for the death of his bonded. Perhaps not.

"Lord." Cormac's predatory golden eyes rested onto the Earth God's. His voice was smooth, deep, with a slight rough edge to it. "My liege, I have come to ask if I may communicate to water and speak to it, perhaps persuade it. I understand you may have some job for me to do. Magic does not come without a price." Yes, the stallion knew of the price many had to pay for their gifts.

-- Cormac

Messages In This Thread
water lord [earth god] - by Cormac - 12-02-2012, 05:17 PM
RE: water lord [earth god] - by God of the Earth - 12-02-2012, 07:07 PM
RE: water lord [earth god] - by Cormac - 12-02-2012, 07:16 PM
RE: water lord [earth god] - by God of the Earth - 12-04-2012, 05:09 PM
RE: water lord [earth god] - by Cormac - 12-04-2012, 06:59 PM
RE: water lord [earth god] - by God of the Earth - 12-05-2012, 10:32 AM