the Rift

Adventure In D Minor

Ink Posts: 121
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 6 years
Blu
Dirt pelts my hide like an abrupt hail storm. Almost instinctively I glance up, though I know it's a foolish notion - there is no moisture in the air these days.

My flesh ripples like a disturbed pond, though my limbs stay firm. I snort unappreciatively. In a less than graceful manner I lift my head from the stream's surface, lips smacking with a sound of satisfaction. It feels good. In the faintest of ways I feel a bit stronger, or at least, not near collapsing. My black hide has not born me well in this cruel season of tall sun. My magic has faired even less well however - my tail hangs dry and frayed behind me. Why, if this keeps up my true color might even begin to show beneath the black that everyone thinks me. Even I don't remember it any more.

All of this passes with the time of a blink.

Whiskers on my nose wiggle off the water droplets that remain as my gaze steels itself, black eyes nearly gray with their defenses. The suppleness that took to my muscles, whether from finally relaxing or the weakness of heat exhaustion, turn rigid. I can only hope I look intimidating or fierce, but it is fear that drives my response. A girl, cheery at least, stands before me, her voice calling back to another yet to arrive. I was not expecting company and the fact that now I must be social has made me sour and rude. It is always an effort to prepare myself for interactions and I'm left completely frazzled by this, my mood not helped by the oppressive sun and the worrying lack of my ability.

I am even more useless now without it. It angers me. It's a desperate emotion that I rather dislike, but I prefer it over biting my lip with concern so enormous it threatens my heart and wakes me from my slumbers. I am losing myself. I am losing my only means to communicate. I'm scared and weak and damn this girl with a moon her rump that intrudes on my few seconds of peace!

I glower at her, beginning to retreat, ready to run. Will my legs carry me if I do? I'm not sure any more. I'm not sure about anything, much less the capabilities of my body or mind. I've surprised myself in more ways the one recently.

I hate surprises.
Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
Adventure In D Minor - by Rishima - 06-26-2012, 01:10 AM
RE: Adventure In D Minor - by Ink - 07-15-2012, 04:46 PM
RE: Adventure In D Minor - by Onni - 07-17-2012, 12:01 AM
RE: Adventure In D Minor - by Rishima - 07-17-2012, 03:18 PM
RE: Adventure In D Minor - by Ink - 07-19-2012, 07:18 PM
RE: Adventure In D Minor - by Onni - 07-19-2012, 09:23 PM
RE: Adventure In D Minor - by Rishima - 07-24-2012, 01:08 AM
RE: Adventure In D Minor - by Ink - 08-02-2012, 10:32 PM
RE: Adventure In D Minor - by Onni - 08-08-2012, 05:38 PM