the Rift

Rebirth [Open/Archi]

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time

[Sorry for table change.]

Two figures—massive wraiths sent from the gates of hell—stopped the behemoth’s advance. Archibald’s white, feathered hooves fell back to the earth with protest. His rolling attack to the air separating himself and the Pegasus had not been intended to maim or truly harm, only to act as a warning. Confusion and an odd loyalty had fueled his decisions and actions—a confusion, and anger, by the silence of his companion; loyalty to the crimson and white female that seemed to sleep so peacefully. Archibald felt incredibly protective over Ophelia after already helping defend her against an assailant. Afterwards the white warmblood mix ventured back to the Foothills at his side and told the herd of his duties, as well as informing the newly appointed Dauntless of The Grey being at his hand if need be. Had all of those things not happened, Archibald would have walked right past the fiery Pegasus and the sleeping Ophelia without a second thought.

”Madyrn, Maskan—aside please. I see my mistake.” Archibald said flatly, flicking his giant head gently to move his thick forelock out of his golden vision. He looked down to the filly—seeing er harmless innocence now. Loretta stood still at Archibald’s side, eyes watching the filly carefully. ”I apologize, young one.” Archibald said simply before Lace approached and spoke firmly. The black knight’s ears focused on the male’s words and he replied to them entirely; ”I am Archibald the Dauntless, Chief of the Windtossed Foothills. Ophelia is an ally of mine, safety and protection is the only thing I had intended for her.” Archibald paused, letting his words sink in as he matched Lace’s gaze with power and composure. ”Although it looks like I have no idea what I am doing, I assure you I would not harm this young girl. I had come and lashed out only as warning, and I would have carefully chased her out.”

Something inside the Dauntless doubted that the surrounding horses would believe his words, but he spoke them with confidence and ease nonetheless. Archibald’s golden eyes turned back to Ophelia, finally, and he took a step towards her, past the shoulders of his dark warriors. He felt their loyalty to this filly (ranked now in the World’s Edge and their defelction making sense) matched his own towards Ophelia. ”Ophelia, I feel now that you do not face any danger. I would like to meet with you, soon.” Archibald continued moving and walked past Ophelia, massive muscled shoulder brushing against her own lightly. With a small, sideways glance Archibald acknowledge Israfel once more: ”I apologize again for frightening you, and I promise that I will not ever harm you. You are an ally.” Archibald’s neck bent and he looked back towards Lace again, ”As a leader, I understand the information you must pass on to your superiors, but do not leave out my apology or intentions.” With that, Archibald’s massive hooves extended into a trot and he moved off. The familiar red malamute, though silently, followed loyally at Archibald’s heels.

Still, something confused the stallion aside his bonded’s silence. Ophelia had not said anything to him—she seemed to ignore him, as if she did not know his name or what had happened between them with Osiris and Ricochet.

image credits

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

Messages In This Thread
Rebirth [Open/Archi] - by Ophelia - 12-03-2012, 01:07 AM
RE: Rebirth [Open] - by Israfel - 12-05-2012, 07:14 AM
RE: Rebirth [Open] - by Lace - 12-05-2012, 09:27 AM
RE: Rebirth [Open/Archi] - by Archibald - 12-05-2012, 06:54 PM
RE: Rebirth [Open/Archi] - by Madyrn Maskan - 12-06-2012, 07:16 PM