the Rift

Rejuvenation [Ktulu | Open]

Coris Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

"At some point, yes," Coris agrees, his eyes wary and his voice just the same. Yet her stance and the tenor to her voice suggests the violent nature she first approached him with has begun to subside. She waived him off as a threat, his hollowed body and obvious lameness no worry line to her brow now that she had a proper look at it. Coris wondered how relaxed he could afford to be with her however, when she was a mare so quick to bare teeth, and with a bear of all things at her side.

Were not many a horse that would call these dreary woods home, least of all for the lack of decorative light or pleasant aromatics - much less a horse would have the gall to bond to a mountain of paws and teeth. Although it was questionable if there was anything about the cub worth fearing. He watched her push it away from her side determinedly, but his interest was from lack of anything better to target.

So it was until her words continued, eager to tell him of things he had little concern for. Were he a more compassionate creature he might consider her motivations for her actions, but Coris is a simple being and he only takes what is given to him. He does not wish to delve into her psyche and figure her out, left pondering her loneliness or defensiveness. Instead he flicks his tail idly, making easy chatter as he continues to play nice for the fate of his existence.

Truth be told, he is lonely, and of need, so it proves not so difficult to hold her company when otherwise it might.

"A group?" he asks with real interest, ears tilting towards her to display as much. "Aren't there already groups though?" he asks, his foreignness obvious now with his ignorance to Helovia and its history and customs on display. "The herds, rather, they are called. I'm sure they could provide you a better home. I know where I live in the Edge is nice," he goes on, his tongue running away with him when he has spent all of winter so quiet.

"Ulrik lives there too, he has such fantastic abilities. I'm sure Mauja would be happy to let you in, although he can be a bit grumpy, I'm sure you two will get along..." Coris trailed off with babble, finally hushed by the scream of Venati as he returned from a hunt, depositing the skin of a rabbit at the feet of Coris. The bird had gotten the hang of removing the pelts neatly and still getting to consume the meat. Though, in the haste of his hunger he'd done a poor job of this one.

Coris made a face at it, unimpressed.
"What a mess Venati..."

The greyed stallion leaned down to hook it on his horn, tossing it with a deft move onto his backside. Although it was small and torn, he could use it for other things that didn't require beauty.

Glancing back over at Ktulu, as if suddenly broken from his distractions, he seemed to remember the last bit she'd said. Feeling more congenial he was calmer, but remained on edge at her willingness to help so easily. "I could certainly use a patch job, but I'm not much in the business of owing favors you see. In fact there's a favor of a different type I'm needing of, though I dare say the healing is more vital... either way I can't go home like this." The this referred to his ruined body in as much as it did his magic-less one. He'd vowed to get his magic soon when he last talked to Mauja, and soon had long passed.

Messages In This Thread
Rejuvenation [Ktulu | Open] - by Coris - 12-03-2012, 01:57 AM
RE: Rejuvenation [Ktulu | Open] - by Coris - 12-11-2012, 02:34 AM
RE: Rejuvenation [Ktulu | Open] - by Ktulu - 12-15-2012, 02:25 PM
RE: Rejuvenation [Ktulu | Open] - by Coris - 12-23-2012, 01:24 AM