the Rift

What is Lost [Psyche]

Prometheus Posts: 75
Up For Adoption atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 8.2 / 16.3 :: 4 months / 6 years [Immortal] HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Pyr :: Siberian Tiger :: Hypnotize & Flaming Touch Adoptable

She approaches from the distance, and even though the space between us seems vast, I can feel her hate. Hatred of this place and those who lead and live in it- it appears we have something in common, she and I. But the wings upon my back, a sharp white and black set stained with the blood of the dead, betray my other belief. My belief that race is merely a construct upheld by fools, that we are all everything. The fools of the plague, among whom I used to walk, hold themselves above others. But they are mortal, and they are fools. All are food for the worms when dead, regardless of blood or standing in life. All but me.

I recall her name whispered through the ranks. Queen of the plague, lover to the King yet an unpredictable bitch. Mauja had been one to respect, however, and I will do his memory no disrespect. What was once his trusted adviser will become one I respect, even if I doubt her by the very way in which she carries herself across the sand. You settle beside me comfortingly, a fire lining the ridge of your back and burning at the end or your tail. The breeze blows and the flames flicker, leaping towards my now living flesh, and bite. With a sharp neigh my body shifts to the side, and the effects of the eclipse reveal themselves. Gift from the gods or not, his magic will harm me until our bond is repaired.

Her remarks are flippant and the pair of us are disinterested in her cause entirely. I watch her with stony, pure white eyes blinded by the magic that holds me in this glorious form. The stallion image of me is tall and handsome, and with you at my side, torn from battle-scars but still proud, we are magnificent. I can see your eyes seeking out hers and I watch as your tail twitches uselessly, but there is no effect. It seems that in the wake of the eclipse you have traded one magic for another, but I cannot help but admire your new ability more. It fits you- you who are the flame that flickers and fades but is always warm.

My hooves, cleft and sharp, dig into the sand as she waits for my reply. You look up at me adoringly, perhaps still in awe that we have found each other, perhaps apologetic for the burn. But I pay neither any mind- my emotions are dulled even now, it will take some time, likely when we are alone, for me to come to terms with it all. "Perhaps, but at least I am free," I muse with a flicker of a long lion tail and a shake of a blood red mane. "We are allies, you and I- enemies of each others enemies, with similar vendettas and a pair of cold hearts, even if mine rests more still," he began slowly, chewing his words and feeling the organs within him live and churn, "I could do so much for you now." My ears swivel towards her and await a reply, and my powerful figure shifts as muscles turn towards her. My eyes are empty, my soul is empty- but still I stare, and still I wait with a softly beating heart for her to fully understand the meaning of my words.

img © foter
[Image: siggy1_zpsfwdjquxw.png]
please tag Prometheus in all replies!
magic & force is permitted at your own peril.

Messages In This Thread
What is Lost [Psyche] - by Prometheus - 12-04-2012, 07:08 PM
RE: What is Lost [Psyche] - by Psyche - 12-05-2012, 03:50 PM
RE: What is Lost [Psyche] - by Prometheus - 12-07-2012, 09:11 AM
RE: What is Lost [Psyche] - by Psyche - 12-09-2012, 04:40 PM
RE: What is Lost [Psyche] - by Prometheus - 12-09-2012, 09:49 PM
RE: What is Lost [Psyche] - by Psyche - 12-09-2012, 11:55 PM
RE: What is Lost [Psyche] - by Prometheus - 12-21-2012, 08:19 PM
RE: What is Lost [Psyche] - by Psyche - 12-23-2012, 09:39 PM
RE: What is Lost [Psyche] - by Prometheus - 12-27-2012, 07:26 PM