the Rift

What is Lost [Psyche]

Prometheus Posts: 75
Up For Adoption atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 8.2 / 16.3 :: 4 months / 6 years [Immortal] HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Pyr :: Siberian Tiger :: Hypnotize & Flaming Touch Adoptable

We have grown so old- was it really not so long ago that we were young and carefree? You were but a cub and I but a colt. Times were simple then. But I suppose they have never been truly simple. Not with love as distant a thing as life, not as care as foreign as my own memory. I build myself on lies and selfish advancement. There is no instinct belonging to the dead, no reflexes left in the rotting corpse of a child. I may stand as a stallion and fold my blood-earned wings tight to my sides, I may feel a heart thud against my chest and vibrate through my bones, but I will never be alive.

Never again. And oh, what a brilliant thought that is! For to be forever dead is to be forever strong, lacking the lesser weaknesses to which mortals foolishly cling. I look on into the distance, watching for the horizon to set on fire, wondering when the world will end and leave me standing alone. It is the mare's words that take me back to now and draw me closer to the mortal reality. Her eyes have crossed my wings too often now for them to not reach the topic of conversation.

Racist fool. She sees nothing beyond my image, smells nothing but the purity of one's blood. Still, if I am to appease her in any fashion I must sacrifice something, even if it is just in the form of a lie. "Do not hesitate upon these wings, Psyche. They are a curse made manifest, brought to rest upon my shoulders by the Sun God on the day of his return; I desired them no more than you wish to lay your head upon this sand at night," I whisper smoothly, taking a few careful steps closer to her. "But as dreadful as the weight may be, it is useful in its own way. Like this I am less of a suspect, particularly on this turf from which I have been outcasted. My crimes against the Sultana and her kin are many, some tailored against their race," I begin with a steady, cold blink of blinding eyes and a smooth, undetectable lie, "and others for their wasted breath." My tail, long and waving steadily like yours, does not betray my impatience. Instead my muscles churn as I step forward once more, and my mane is tossed to reveal precious skin beneath it. A short cropped coat and my body of a handsome warmblood aim to draw her in; perhaps to entrance her.

My words are but a breath, fueled by the confidence displayed so clearly upon your features as you sit in quiet contemplation. "We can offer you freedom," I murmur, longing to feel your own emotion backing up my words and buttressing my thoughts. I know you will obey, that all I need to do is ask for you to light the earth with your own touch and under cover of smoke we could part. I know that you would die here alone to let us leave, and I know that I would not let you. But with absolute certainty, I understand that the three of us will walk tonight.

img © foter
[Image: siggy1_zpsfwdjquxw.png]
please tag Prometheus in all replies!
magic & force is permitted at your own peril.

Messages In This Thread
What is Lost [Psyche] - by Prometheus - 12-04-2012, 07:08 PM
RE: What is Lost [Psyche] - by Psyche - 12-05-2012, 03:50 PM
RE: What is Lost [Psyche] - by Prometheus - 12-07-2012, 09:11 AM
RE: What is Lost [Psyche] - by Psyche - 12-09-2012, 04:40 PM
RE: What is Lost [Psyche] - by Prometheus - 12-09-2012, 09:49 PM
RE: What is Lost [Psyche] - by Psyche - 12-09-2012, 11:55 PM
RE: What is Lost [Psyche] - by Prometheus - 12-21-2012, 08:19 PM
RE: What is Lost [Psyche] - by Psyche - 12-23-2012, 09:39 PM
RE: What is Lost [Psyche] - by Prometheus - 12-27-2012, 07:26 PM