the Rift

You wanna teach me to dance? [Blu, open]

Ink Posts: 121
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 6 years
Blu

The boy was surely a braver one than I. Though his eyes were tinged briefly with white, he seemed quickly at ease with my approach and he held himself almost comfortably in this strange and sad landscape. Though not much older than he I felt significantly younger in comparison.

I glanced away, shuffling my hooves unceremoniously as he awkwardly complimented me. He speaks freely and I find myself glancing back towards him, shaking my head with a frown at his question. I couldn't imagine coming here often. Although I am not bothered by the place in the moment, tangled as I am in worries far beyond this land, it is a far cry from an enjoyable atmosphere regardless of your mood. Perhaps if I was truly planning on suicide, I may find some crumb of comfort here among the dead I'd soon be joining.

I exhale in a burst of steam, the clutch of frostfall not fully dispersed yet and the air a cool kiss on my hide that has grown warm with my wandering. It is a response to his query. A weary turn of conversation that I always flinch from. I suppose I am well trained by my past, too eager to duck from exposed teeth regardless if smiling or bared. This question has always been the defining moment of discovery in my peers. My previous silence could be brushed away as shyness, but none ever refused their name when asked.

None but I.

If it is not anger that becomes them, assumptions on my manners taken, then it is understanding that dawns in their face. They finally realize in what way I am lacking, and either drown me in pity or insults. Either one is cruel.

I roll my shoulders in a shrug, bobbing my head faintly. I do not wish him to think I am ignoring him, but can't he understand my limits? I sweep my tail around once more; it lands with a wet splat by my side. From its tips the black liquid pours freely and begins to turn into a deer. A reindeer to be specific. I draw it grazing, and then listening before it bounds away into the marshes and dissolves in the water like black blood spilling from a forgotten corpse.

I glance expressively at him, my eyes arched high with hope and reluctance all the same. Will he know?

I N K

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
You wanna teach me to dance? [Blu, open] - by Ahriman - 12-03-2012, 01:49 PM
RE: You wanna teach me to dance? [Blu, open] - by Ahriman - 12-03-2012, 02:36 PM
RE: You wanna teach me to dance? [Blu, open] - by Ink - 12-03-2012, 05:01 PM
RE: You wanna teach me to dance? [Blu, open] - by Ahriman - 12-04-2012, 04:07 PM
RE: You wanna teach me to dance? [Blu, open] - by Ahriman - 12-08-2012, 07:23 PM