the Rift

Begin again. [QUEST RETURN; Sun God]

Viserys Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Time, it healed all wounds, did it not?

At least that is what all the old wives tales and legends of the past alluded to. Perhaps it could heal wounds of pride too, though Viserys remained uncertain. The porcelain stallion stood in the same place he had been once before, poised and frozen in front of the rocky land bridge that led to the Veins of the Gods. Dread and uncertainty ate at his very core, churning in his stomach and sending a shiver of anxiety riddled anticipation up his spine. Despite his determination to regain what was rightfully his, Viserys dreaded returning to face yet another round of the Sun God’s ridicule. But great Kings made sacrifices, and though the thought of being embarrassed and prostrated a second time made him sick, it was a price he was willing to pay.

His steps gained wary confidence as he passed into the heart of the island, fiery, blue molten lava churning and changing beneath his path on the floating stones. For all his bravado, fear remained in the back of the stallions mind, and he tried not to envision the fiery, burning death that awaited any who strayed off the trail before them. He was no stranger to the destruction flames could bring; it was the very core of why he had returned to the Veins in the first place. Resolve gripped him as the volcanic shrine came into view ahead. May the Sun God be willing, Viserys would have his magic again, he would build his army, and the revenge against the impure creatures that had stolen his kingdom and usurped his throne would have their judgment served.

He would burn them all to the ground, every single one.

So much to achieve, and everyday time was wasting. He had laid in hiding long enough, battling with what to do to change his fate. Keahi’s capture had put an unexpected turn of events before him, but idle hands achieved nothing. After deliberating for weeks and allowing his name and face to slide into the distant memory of those who had heard and seen them, the dethroned king had come to the conclusion that returning to ask the Sun God’s favor would be the only way to fix the problem. Though he remained unshakeable and sometimes as petulant as ever in regards to his goal, he was no longer completely ignorant. Humbleness did not suit him well, but he would not make the mistake of dishonoring the Sun God a second time on this visit. Perhaps he was learning.

He came to stand before the shrine of the Sun God, a warm breeze from the air currents flowing over the molten lava blow back his pristine white locks and curl his tail in tangled knots around his hind legs and hocks. Instead of standing ostentatiously as he had before and demanding his way, Viserys bowed, taking one knee and lowering his head in a show of respect and submission- something that went against every grain in his body. It was like asking the sun not to shine.

“Glorious Sun God, I return to ask for your aid.” The white stallion did his best to keep his voice from trembling, though it would be impossible to deny the anxiety that drove him to speak, “My quest has been interrupted, the lady Keahi captured by the enemy. I seek your advice in how to rectify this situation, so that I may continue my quest to regain the magic I have sought for so long”

[OOC: After talking with Cami and Ali, we figure that Viserys will most likely be returned to Keahi's slavery as she is no longer a prisoner, to continue on his original quest to regain his fire magic, or his dragon (I'd assume fire magic, since no companion questing is available right now). If this sounds acceptable we can ignore this thread, or go on with it, or whatever is formal, it doesn't make a difference to me. I am new to Viserys character, so either or is good.]

Messages In This Thread
Begin again. [QUEST RETURN; Sun God] - by Viserys - 12-03-2012, 03:00 PM
RE: Begin again. [QUEST RETURN; Sun God] - by Viserys - 12-04-2012, 11:13 AM